Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Pediatric Tracheostomies

Pediatric Tracheostomies For parents and caregivers of children with tracheostomies.  Please limit discussion to seeking and sharing of information pertaining to tracheostomy care, medical issues, special needs, disabilities, networking and moral support.

View Poll Results: What colors and/or prints would you like Dale to use for their trach ties?
No change: Keep making only the PediDucks & PediStars 1 3.85%
Just make plain white ties. 3 11.54%
Unisex color variety pack. 5 19.23%
Girl & boy color variety packs. 5 19.23%
Girl & boy print variety packs. 1 3.85%
Girl & boy combo color and print variety packs. 6 23.08%
Individual solid color pack (10 pink or 10 blue, etc.) 0 0%
Individual print pack (10 rainbow or 10 trains, etc.) 1 3.85%
Other (Please explain in a post below.) 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Default Dale PediDucks & PediStars Trach Ties - Color Variety Pack or Prints?

I called Dale today to ask what they were doing with the prints on the ties. They said they were still looking into it, but that a number of parents had requested variety packs. They are very interested in what we all would prefer.

My daughter and I would like to have a color variety pack, so the ties at least don't clash with what she's wearing. I think a pastel pack and a primary pack would be great. (Check out the variety of colors available from this site: http://trachholders.com/BrowseProducts.aspx.) If you/your child could pick any ten colors and/or prints, what would they be?

Our top ten colors would be: Light Pink, Fuschia, Lavender, Sky Blue, Royal Blue, Denim Blue, Lime Green, Olive green, and a Bright (but not neon) Yellow.

Our top choices for girl prints would be: Pink w/Hearts, Sky Blue w/Rainbows, Green w/Lady Bugs, and Yellow w/Flowers.

What would you pick?
Patricia - Mom to Deborah (CCHS - Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome, Asperger's/HFA, Trach, 24/7 Vent Dependent, J-Tube, Wheelchair, Seizure Free on the Ketogenic Diet!) Also owner of the Kids with Vents support group and Blog:
http://kids-with-vents.blogspot.com/

Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM

Evan would prefer dark colors, and a white that matches his t-shirts.
but i like the idea of a variety pack.
what do you know about the snap trach ties? how do you adjust them or are they flexible?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Yellow with flowers would be nice, both of my girls love flowers (only one has a trach, but the older would think it was pretty cool). A variety pack of solids would be nice too. We've only ever had ducks.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:01 PM

I would love to see more colors options of trach ties. Ok, so we tried the NeoTech ties again and I now think they suck!! They are cute but came loose from Katelyn's trach a few times. Never again.
We vote for all shades of pink and purple!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:08 PM

My only concern is the difficulty in ordering these products through the DME. Will they carry the assortments?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM

Beth, that is a good point. I think the DME's will have to carry the variety packs, if that is what Dale makes available. Also, it didn't sound like Dale was going to charge any more for a variety pack than for the current PediDucks and PediStars, so there would be no reason for the DME's to refuse to carry them. It's definitely a concern Dale needs to address, though - thanks for bringing it up.
Patricia - Mom to Deborah (CCHS - Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome, Asperger's/HFA, Trach, 24/7 Vent Dependent, J-Tube, Wheelchair, Seizure Free on the Ketogenic Diet!) Also owner of the Kids with Vents support group and Blog:

Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM

DMEs don't "have" to carry anything. Not to be rude, but they can be as selective as they chose to be and will most likely not lose customers. Apria no longer carries Dale ties, but how many Dale users have switched over to a different company entirely because of it? I've started ordering my Dales from a different supplier, but still continue to do the majority of my pulmonary orders from Apria.

IMO, the idea of multi-color ties is nice... but the increased cost of manufacturing them isn't worth the aesthetic appeal. They will inevitably charge more for the ties that function just the same, and insurances will begin to limit the amounts more strictly than some already do... like NC medicaid which only allows 12.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:58 AM

Niff, we just switched to Apria here in Ohio. They carry the Dale ties, and we get 30/month here on Medicaid.

Dale really wants to know what we want, as they consider what colors and/or prints to manufacture. Our previous DME had shorted us one or two ties per box in 3 out of 6 boxes of PediStars recently, and, even though it wasn't their fault, Dale immediately offered to send me a free box. They seem to genuinely care, and I think they'd probably want to know of any DME that is refusing to carry their ties. Has anyone else had trouble getting Dale ties?

Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 AM

You may not be able to get Dale for long because Apria signed a contract with Pepper Medical and will be exclusively be selling Pepper med trach ties. I was told that I could not get any ties except for pepper med and I had to get them from another distributor.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to lil' G's mom

We have "Crapria" too. And they are switching exclusively to Pepper Medical. But if your Dr wrights an RX for a specific brand they have to get them. G is very sensitive and developed a rash with the Pepper's and they were forced to special order MarPac ties for us. You just have to raise a stink!! But we got them...... He was even unable to use the Dales and they had to keep getting us new ones until we found one that worked for him....
Mom to Geoffrey born November 13, 2007 at 23 weeks,217 days in NICU, PDA, severe BPD & CLD, Pulmonary hypertension, Left Vocal Cord Paralyzed, Pectus Carinatum, Esophageal Achalasia, Plus more minor DX's.Vent Free after 19mths,Trached and Mic-key button on 3/21/08,Decanulated 4/29/2010, Krista 21, Zoee 9,MIL to Antonio 27,Grandma to Mia 3

Last edited by lil' G's mom : 05-15-2010 at 01:37 AM.