Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Pediatric Tracheostomies

Pediatric Tracheostomies For parents and caregivers of children with tracheostomies.  Please limit discussion to seeking and sharing of information pertaining to tracheostomy care, medical issues, special needs, disabilities, networking and moral support.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 AM

Question Trach/vent summer camps

Hi all, I just got back on friday from my week with one of my clients at pa vent camp. It was an awsome expearence and T and I had a great time (T is 14 with myotubular myopithay he is 24/7 vent dependent) I was curious if anyone knew of other summer camps or such things for vent and trach kids. It was so cool to see the kids be kids and not limited or staired at because of their need for medical devices. I can't wait to see if any others exist especialy abroad.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 AM

Talking camps

I know there is a Hole in the wall camp in North Carolina & there is a camp in Kentucky, both have trach/vent weeks but I don't remember their names. I found out about the one in Penn just a few weeks ago. I have camp for my son as a future goal & am also trying to find more about them. We're looking for ones where family members can accompany the child. Will has 2 nephews a few years older than him (4) that live with us & want to camp with their uncle. Denise, mom 2Will (4), trach, mickey button, hypotonia, prs, moebius syndrome,dd & some odds & ends thrown in there for good measure, & grandma 2 Liam (7) & Wesley(10)
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Mentor

Send a message via Yahoo to Jacob's Mom

We are applying to a Hole in the Wall camp here in FL for their vent dependent week next spring. My son, who also has myotubular myopathy, is vent dependent. I'm really hoping we get in and that I can take off work.

Last edited by Jacob's Mom : 07-07-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 AM

Our nurse told us about a camp in Ohio that one of her other patients goes to. It's called Champ Camp, somewhere near Columbus. Kids have to be at least 6 to go.

Nothing and no one can beat you unless you let them, and then you will deserve it.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM

"Fresh Air Camp" in Strongsville Ohio is held the 2nd week in June. We were not able to go this year due to Meg being very sick. It is for children 5-18 years old who are trach and vent dependent.

Angela - Mom to Jacob (13) and Meghan (16) Williams syndrome, trached 10/07, TPN dependent
Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Not positive but I don't think Champ Camp is trach/vent specific. I think kids with any disability can go.

Nothing and no one can beat you unless you let them, and then you will deserve it.