Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Adult Tracheostomies

Adult Tracheostomies For individuals with tracheostomies and those involve in their care.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Default update

hi i just wanted to update my grandmothers situation after they took the trach out they had her on 4 liters oxygen and they said thety are going to try and wing her off the 02 cut it down to 2 liters and monitor her oxygen level and if it dont drop below 90% then take her off completely so far she is @ 2 liters and everything looks good so far. she hasnt really spoke in 7 months until the trach was removed now she is talking up a storm ill keep in touch thanks again hailey_faith
Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 AM

So glad to hear that the trach is out and your grandma seems to be doing ok. It's good that they are able to wean down the oxygen too. I can imagine she has a lot of talking to do after being unable to do so for all that time.
Best of luck
Julie

Sam Feb 11 2003 Opitz G/BBB syndrome, mickey, nissen, autistic,supraventricular tachycardia, bronchiolitis obliterans. decanned May 30 2009. 2 brothers Jonathan (23) James (14).
I am first and foremost a child