Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Pediatric Tracheostomies

Pediatric Tracheostomies For parents and caregivers of children with tracheostomies.  Please limit discussion to seeking and sharing of information pertaining to tracheostomy care, medical issues, special needs, disabilities, networking and moral support.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 06:32 AM

Hi,
Any of you following kaylies granuloma crisis..here is a update. We spoke and have been speaking with so many Dr. and nurses its just crazy, and each of them told us if we want something done sooner or to get someone to listen we need to take her to the ER....of course we as trach care families here no how much we love the er especially when our child is not SICK........So on Sunday thanksgiving weekend we spent 8 hours on the highway to take her to the er.. everyone telling us she would either get admitted or she would get a sooner appointment with the ent than she has.....now all along the Dr. who found the granulomas is being a real face..... he doesnt want to take responsibility when he is the one who is responsible........He has off ...... for so long putting our childs life at risk......We were seen in the er and nothing was accomplished other than a sooner appointment which was great ...but wait the story even gets better on monday the office calls and tells us they will see us wednesday at 8 am , then yesterday they call and say that the er Dr and the resident did not have the athourization to give us a appointment and that we cant come... what the h ll is that sh t They say the DR who did the last bronch is responsible for his own mess in other words and he needs to clean it up,well not in those words but basically thats what they said......so once again nothing is being done .I am beyond words to describe what the hell all of these Drs are thinking . i think i am ready to give some Trach to some of these idiots , we have been advocating and calling and reaching out to everyone we know within the medical profession and cant get any help.........i am about to loose my mind .So we did what everyone told us to do and nothing was resolved and it just makes me sick to my stomach.....Here is a interesting thing the Er Dr said when we asked about any ideas or suggestions as to what can we do other than what we already know if the trach comes out, and his words were DONT LET IT.......well Kaylie is a 2 and half year old cmon now lets get real........just when you think you got what you need then within minutes the table turns and then you have crap nothing............what the hell is going on with the medical community these days........