It sounds like you've got a good plan now! I think if I were you, I would worry about whether or not his lungs are clear. The colored snot, without being accompanied by fever and other symptoms, wouldn't terribly concern me, but junky lungs would.
I TOTALLY get the "feeling like you'll wait forever if you wait for him to be well" thing....Harrison always seem to be getting over or starting up some sort of minor cold. I do think I would wait for healthy and clear lungs, though.
Hoping that he has a good weekend and feels ready for the procedure next week!!! Let's get that boy using his PMV
SUSAN-mom to Harrison, born full-term(11/1/10) with an undiagnosed congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH), hypoplastic right lung (caused by hernia), trached at 4 months, g-tube and fundo at 6 weeks. Home in March 2011. Weaned completely off of the vent in July
Wearing PMV 24/7, 02 at night, failed decannulation in October. Hoping for better results next time!