Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > FAQ

FAQ Quick answers to frequently asked questions (under construction / work in progress)

Old 07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Question What do I do with supplies I don't need?

Q. My child has been decannulated. What do I do with all the left-over equipment and supplies?

Suggestions:

* Post items to the “Pass It On” Message Board (donations only)

* Send a list of items to the trach-ties listserv.

* Post your items on www.tracheotomy.info in the supplies section.

* Selling items on eBay or craigslist

* Find a local group that will accept medical donations.

* Ask your child’s doctor that did your trach care has others needing supplies.

* Check with local visiting nurse/hospice programs

* Local college with a nursing & surgical tech program might need supplies for teaching.

* Local church or mission groups might accept supply donations.

* There might be a parent-to-parent support program for families with special healthcare needs who know of families who need equipment.
Cindy - Mom to Aaron (age 20), trached for 4 years, subglottic stenosis, ADHD, learning disability, former 26 week preemie and identical twin to Eric (age 20), spastic quad CP, moderate MR, seizure disorder; Anthony (age 21), spastic quad CP, g-tube, seizure disorder, cortical vision impairment, profound MR; and Natasha (age 7) CP, cortical blindness, seizure disorder, profound MR, shunt, g-tube.

Home Page: http://www.bissells.com