What do I do with supplies I don't need?
Q. My child has been decannulated. What do I do with all the left-over equipment and supplies?
* Post items to the “Pass It On” Message Board
* Send a list of items to the trach-ties listserv
* Post your items on our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/63417059663/
* Selling items on eBay
* Find a local group that will accept medical donations.
* Ask your child’s doctor that did your trach care has others needing supplies.
* Check with local visiting nurse/hospice programs
* Local college with a nursing & surgical tech program might need supplies for teaching.
* Local church or mission groups might accept supply donations.
* There might be a parent-to-parent support program for families with special healthcare needs who know of families who need equipment.
Cindy - Mom to Aaron (age 22), trached for 4 years, subglottic stenosis, ADHD, learning disability, former 26 week preemie and identical twin to Eric (age 22), spastic quad CP, moderate MR, seizure disorder; Anthony (age 22), spastic quad CP, trach, g-tube, j-tube, seizure disorder, cortical vision impairment, profound MR; and Natasha (age 8) CP, cortical blindness, seizure disorder, profound MR, shunt, g-tube.
Home Page: http://www.bissells.com
Last edited by cbissell : 09-14-2015 at 08:59 AM.