Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Adult Tracheostomies

Adult Tracheostomies For individuals with tracheostomies and those involve in their care.

Old 03-15-2006, 08:39 PM
ezell6

Bobbie has had her trach for four months without major problems. Recently the area around edges of the stoma have become red and inflamed. Saw one doctor who was not concerned, and suggested if we are concerned we could consult an ENT doctor. (we are a long distance from our primary doctor). Has anyone experienced this redness/inflamation, and if so what did you do about it?
Thanks, Eddie
Old 03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Mentor

Send a message via AIM to twintotwin

It could be an infection. In this case I would try using bactroban until it clears.
Perhaps it's granulation tissue? If so, the ENT might want to see it.
My docs let me email photos of the rash or redness in question. It might give them an idea of what you can start using. Rather than having to drive far.

The scar tissue can look red and inflamed. I wonder if that's what you're seeing...?

Good luck. Keep us posted.

The Birthday Boys by TwinTransfusion, on Flickr