Pediatric Tracheostomy Home Care Guide at Amazon.com

Go Back   Aaron's Tracheostomy Message Board > Pediatric Tracheostomies

Pediatric Tracheostomies For parents and caregivers of children with tracheostomies.  Please limit discussion to seeking and sharing of information pertaining to tracheostomy care, medical issues, special needs, disabilities, networking and moral support.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:48 PM

Default Do I need to say something?

I have a nurse that is not working out, do i need to confront her or can I just tell our saffer? I like her as a person but, its just not working!! Not a good match!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:56 PM

It's up to you. You don't have to tell her-you can just tell the coordinator. If you do that-you might want to call the coordinator first and tell them and then tell them you want to tell the nurse. I've done it both ways-1 nurse didn't work at all and I never wanted to talk or see her again-I called after her last shift of the week and had them tell her. The other one-we really liked a lot, but we just weren't going to need care anymore. I asked if I could be the one to tell her being we did like her. It's up to what you feel more comfortable with. Know though that if you like her as a person, she may wiggle into staying if you talk to her....she may say something like-oh I'll do better or I'll do this and this different. It may make things sticky and if you have a hard time with confrontation-it makes it hard. But, really it is up to what you are more comfortable with.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:55 PM

I usually just called the staffer and told them I wasnt comfortable with a nurse, and didnt want them scheduled anymore.. sometimes I told them to let her finish up the schedule here they already had her on.. sometimes I told them not to bother ever sending her again.. depended on why I didnt want them (some the personalities just really clashed and I really would prefer someone else ; while others did not know what to do and I couldnt trust caring for my son)
Lynn, mother of Brooke(19), Haely(17), Sydney(12)Dominic(1) and Joseph(DOB 11/03/06)DX:Jeune's/Sensenbrenner Syndrome:trach 12/12/06: CPAP sleeping/ Capped awake~Situs Inversus:Aortic Stenosis:Myocardial Hypertrophy:Kidney Transplant 08/18/10 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/josephmollica
Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 PM

We've had a couple of nurses that didn't work out, all the staffers told they were off our case ( of course I think with some they just reassigned them which is great). Some we just let work out their schedule, others had things that were so unacceptable that we told the agency NOT to let them back in our house (we had one nurse that we woke up to the vent alarming, she was doing sudoku puzzles....never moved.... my husband went and suctioned Hunter, and as he was leaving she asked "Was he ok?".... I was insanely angry btw .....
Melissa, mom of two great boys... Christian 8 yrs old and Hunter 2 yrs old... former 24 weeker(born at 15.3 oz, 11 inches); bpd, pulmonary hypertension(resolved), nissen/g-tube, off of o2 12/17/10, off the vent 6/30/10... DECANNULATED 12/17/10!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 PM

If you want to keep her then talk to her and tell her the things she needs to work on ect. If she is a definate "no" in your book then just call the agency and tell them not to send her anymore!

http://mamazgirlz.blogspot.com/
Gretch mom to, Heather(22), Aimee(19), and Celia(14) Dandy-Walker syndrome,cleft palate(repaired at 9 yo!),t-tubes,asd, left pulminary arterial stenosis,trach,aspiration,reflux,fundo,g-tube,npo,dysphagia,kidney defect,neurogenic bladder & bowel,spina bifida,scoliosis,seizures,hip dysplasia, sensory issues, ADHD,vasomotor rhinitis,autistic like behaviors, hearing aides.