PDA

View Full Version : Hotel room questions

kjersta81
02-13-2012, 01:27 AM
So this may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway. We are going to Cincinnati and will be staying in a hotel for a week. We have one of those loud/annoying air compressors for humidity that we will need in the room. I know we are not the first to have one in a hotel but do I need to let the staff know since it's loud? Like I'm afraid other people in the room next door would hear the noise and complain..should I be asking for a room away from other occupied rooms? Or are the walls sound proof enough I shouldn't have to worry? help!

suzanne2545
02-13-2012, 01:39 AM
So, more than anything I would let them know because someone might be alarmed at the sound. Then let them decide what they want to with you. Better than YOU being woken up in the middle of the night so they can see what is going on in your room.

Do you have any interest in staying at RMH? We always really enjoyed staying there, it was so convenient. But we like the social aspect of it too and when Parker was older it was so much nicer for him than a hotel. Some people like privacy of a hotel.

Don't be afraid to try RMH there. It is the nicest I've seen anywhere!

kjersta81
02-13-2012, 01:53 AM
We plan on getting on the list for RMH but since there is no guarantee with that we have a hotel booked. At the same time though, we do like our privacy so RMH may not be a good fit for us..still deciding ..

I will let the staff know, you are right, I definitely don't want to get a knock at the door wondering what the heck is going on in our room!

tbhartman
02-13-2012, 09:20 AM
We've never said anything, and never had any problems. You might mention it though, and maybe you won't have any neighbors :) i worry more about the pulse ox alarming, since that sounds more ominous!

JessicaG
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
We usually dont say anything but sometimes when we stay at a hotel in NYC they ask if we have any special requests or preferences and I tell them for the sake of the other guests they might want to put us away from everyone. No one has ever complained but I'm sure they have wondered what that sound was!

Kate
02-14-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd say something. When we had one and stayed I always mentioned it and then suggested they put us on the bottom floor-because I thought it would vibrate and the room below us would go crazy. Plus-the room on the side. Always say something because then you can always come back and say you Had warned someone about it.

As for the RMD house-we stayed at a one and I'm a pretty private person and Mitchell is loud-it wasn't bad (this wasn't at cinci) it was for a few days and the best thing was they had a play room which was so much nicer than being stuck in a motel.

haikumama
02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Here's an answer to a question you didn't ask. ;)

Bring a power strip with you. We've stayed at several hotels in Cincy and when you've got the compressor (and maybe heater) and pulse ox and possibly a neb, etc., you run out of outlets fast!

TommysDad
02-15-2012, 08:31 PM
I recommend the Squid type of outlet strip/extension cords. If you do not mind a little drive into the hospital, Hannaford Suites is very accommodating and has a great rate and decent size rooms. We love staying at the Marriott for convenience, but it is a little more expensive.

kjersta81
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Here's an answer to a question you didn't ask. ;)

Bring a power strip with you. We've stayed at several hotels in Cincy and when you've got the compressor (and maybe heater) and pulse ox and possibly a neb, etc., you run out of outlets fast!

Good to know!! I wouldn't have even thought of this!! Thank u

kjersta81
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I recommend the Squid type of outlet strip/extension cords. If you do not mind a little drive into the hospital, Hannaford Suites is very accommodating and has a great rate and decent size rooms. We love staying at the Marriott for convenience, but it is a little more expensive.

Thank you for the tip!