View Full Version : Runny nose before Bronch
10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Sam is scheduled for a Bronch on Wednesday. Of course today she gets a runny nose for an unknown reason. This is her first runny nose in 7.5 months (really surprising!) so I'm inclined to feel this is beginning of a cold. Will be calling the ENT tomorrow, but has anyone had a child with a cold have a Bronch or go under anesthesia? TIA!
10-17-2011, 03:15 PM
It really is up to anesthesiologist to decide. It will be done in OR, right? Do you have a pre-op type appt? If it is just a cold, they may decide to go forward. But in our case, we have always had to have a clean bill of health before any procedure that required sedation. A call to the Dr or Trach nurse couldn't hurt.
It's always a tough call. I think we have and I've left it up to the anesthesiologist. I have cancelled before as well-but if it is just a runny nose-I'd leave it up to them. Usually they'll listen to their lungs and see what they think. You may change your mind by Wed. morning--just watch her closer and maybe take her temps to see if she is getting a temp with it-if she is, they may call it off. If not-they may give it a shot.
10-17-2011, 11:20 PM
She came down with a bad cold, so no bronch Wednesday. Now we just have to get through this sucker! Not fun!!! :(
vBulletin® v3.6.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.