PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy 100 anyone?

carolinec74
04-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Anyone else use a trilogy 100 ventilator? We had an option when he trialed non-invasive ventilation, and then again after he was trached....anyone use this model?? ( I really dislike the LTV's but seems like everyone has one...) frustrating since none of his nurses have ever seen one, and even his inpatient RT's, i end up giving a quick inservice on it, because they also haven't used one.

anyone else?

Cillian's Mom
04-07-2011, 07:56 PM
No we havent but we are working on getting Cillian switched out to a Trilogy 200. He has had the LTV for almost 2 years now. THe LTV has been great but its a lot heavier and louder than the Trilogy and we have to cart around a deep cycle marine battery (6 lbs more) if we want to go anywhere b/c our insurance won't pay for the smaller LTV batteries). THe Trilogy seems to have some smaller batteries and i hoping its more portable. If you switch, let me know how it goes, i would be very interested.

Caleb'sMom
04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
no personal experience but met a lady in the NICU who I got to know and her son had a trilogy. She loved it! She showed it to me and I slung it over my shoulder- so light (compared to the LTV) and I love that it just has one tube to attach to the kid instead of the dual tubes of the LTV. I would love to have one.

Christamae
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
My sister uses the Trilogy 100 and likes it. As another alternative, I use the Newport HT-50.

carolinec74
04-08-2011, 05:14 PM
We've only used the Trilogy 100 and may be upgraded to the 200 very soon. It's very light, portable, and easily used, single circuit, and very hands off.. we love it, just find it hard to find someone who's used it (rt's and nurses mostly) I usually end up doing trainings on it with RT's and nurses who come work with him... I had an option of the LTV or trilogy, and so glad we chose the trilogy, it's so quiet...we can go anywhere with it! if you can get one, I would recommend it

Preston
05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
It's great seeing positive remarks about the Trilogy 100. I just moved from AR to AZ and must change services. They are talking the Trilogy 100. I have been on only one vent, the Puritan Bennett LP10 and was a good bit nervous about the change. Reading good things about it has certainly relieved some of those fears. I look forward to having a vent that can be easily handled. The LP10 is almost 40 lbs and huge. Thanks again!

Cillian's Mom
06-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Cillian finally got put on the Trilogy 100 and we really like it. It's a lot more quiet and lighter than the old vent and Cilly can use a single limb circuit with it which is great. Also very easy to use.

isabelsmom121410
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Isabel was just recentlt vented at night and we have the trilogy 100. I like it. it is light and quiet. I also like that you don't have to dial in the peep like the ltv everything is internal.

carolinec74
06-29-2011, 07:30 PM
yup, he's on it 24/7 and we love how portable it is, easy to use, and really can't mess it up by changing stuff, touching etc.... it's all locked/and no touch screen stuff... we made some mod's to settings/alarms so no need to go to the 200 yet...YAY! so glad we chose this model over the LTV's... and love that it only has the one hose, vs. 2.... his neck is so sensitive the weight of two could have been an issue.

Glad other's have it and like it too...don't feel so alone now :)