PDA

View Full Version : High taste food??

MomofTwoBoys
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
We are at an standstill with Hunter's feeding. He's not getting any better with wanting to eat. Just keeps saying no no no.... I know alot of people here have children with oral aversions/eating issues.... my question is this... what are some high calorie, high flavor foods that we can try? He eats stage two baby food right now, and its so bland that I wonder if he's tasting it at all :rolleyes:

Any suggestions/lists? (Should be noted that we are only supposed to feed him things that are around the same consistancy as st 2 baby food....

Thanks ladies:) :)

drct1245
02-07-2010, 03:27 PM
we add butter and salt/pepper, or ranch, or BBQ sauce to every thing.

haikumama
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
We have gotten my son to eat paté. You can mix it with milk or yogurt to thin it out a bit. It has a really strong flavor and LOADS of calories and fat.

Also, there is this Ferrer brand soup that Ike really likes. It's called White Gazpacho and is an almond and garlic soup. It's very thin and has something like 16 grams of fat in one cup. It comes in a tall, glass bottle.

Greek Yogurt has a pretty strong flavor, too, and it's great for mixing with other things. Tzatziki sauce is made from Greek yogurt (with lots of garlic, cucumbers, lemon juice and dill) and is extremely high in flavor and fat, but sometimes it's kind of lumpy. You could make it yourself, though, and control the consistency.

(As you can see, we're in full-on crazy mode over here, trying to find high cal high fat stuff for Ike to eat. :D )

Good luck!
Kari

lynn
02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Joseph likes the butterscotch pudding snack packs... and we also do trix yogurts.. they are very sour flavored (but also have lots of dye in them too so makes poo turn blue!)

sarah78
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Hiya,

I've tried humous and guacamole recently which are really high fat and easy to eat in terms of texture. I've found that Nadia loves anything that tastes of tomato so at the mo I'm giving her condensed tomato soup (non diluted) mixed with mascarpone cheese - ooodles of calories!!

kadiera
02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
guacamole is a favorite here.

Beyond that, anything you eat for dinner can be thrown in a blender or food processor (we have one that is part of a stick blender set, that holds about a cup of food that is perfect for this). Add some liquid - milk, broth, etc - to help get it to blend correctly.

KJKK8437
02-08-2010, 09:03 AM
For getting "onto" purees, we had wonderful success with a discount baby food called "Nature's Goodness" that can be found in Maryland, Ohio, and points west, although it is also available at Big Lots these days (and has been for over a year). I suspect there is more preservatives and sugar in the baby food than in some of the more well known brands, but every flavor, across the board, was a favorite here. Alex especially loved the little jars of chicken, at 120 cals a jar. Earth's Best was a stronger tasting food, but there were often more chunks in that which Alex struggled with, and it is way more expensive. Some of them are very different flavors and high cal, though.

I should add that before we found Nature's Goodness, accidentally, Alex would have nothing to do with baby food whatsoever. There did seem to be a big taste change for him. (It's the one in green jars, and you can find it at Giant Eagle, IGA, and similar stores.)