PDA

View Full Version : Worst Mom award to ME

LeslieML
02-04-2010, 02:54 PM
So, I just realized last night that we scheduled Chase to have his sinuses drained and adenoids removed two days before his 6th birthday...oh vey!! how horrible am I?

lynn
02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
maybe you can have a big celebration before??? I had my oldest daughters eyes operated on the day before her first birthday... and Joseph has had surgeries done the same week as his birthday a couple of times now as well........hopefully Chase is young enough to not realize the actual day of his birthday and having a party or nice present beforehand may make up for it.
(we never celebrate on the day of the birthday anyway; because its easier to do weekends)

JWorthington
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
You're not alone Leslie! Sam is having his stoma closure surgery on Tuesday - 2 days before his 7th birthday!

hcs_mom
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I know Hannah's had procedures around her birthday as well. It happens to the BEST of us. :D
Jennie

sofiasmom
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Sofia had to have her g-tube surgery near her bday and was in the hospital for that day too. But the staff was great about it and threw her a mini party too! Then we had a second celebration once she was home again.

ericnrosesmom
02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Eric was trached 2 days before his first birthday. I knew he needed it and wouldn't know it was his birthday but it was still hard.

kctwinmommy
02-04-2010, 11:22 PM
That's not being a bad mom!! It's just part of life!

Heck, on our daughter's sixth birthday we took her to get blood drawn (cuz out of the 11 vials they took a few days earlier, the missed something). Then we took her to her first visit with a family therapist. And that was ON her birthday! LOL!