PDA

View Full Version : got another nurse

Carla Marie
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
well we now have 12 hour nursing five days a week. I don't think we need night nursing, as joy pretty much sleeps all through the night really never had alarms go off, what do you think should I go ahead and let them send night nursing ? I don't know if I would be comfortable with night nursing.

Niff
01-29-2010, 07:31 PM
We couldn't do without our night nursing. I'd rather have nights than days. I can sleep through alarms if I'm not in the same room. Plus Mackenzie has become a CRAP sleeper. Actually to say that she sleeps is stretching it. ;)

We have two night nurses... one that works 6 days a week (Nurse E) and one that works the last day (Nurse D). Nurse E has been here since about a month after we brought Mackenzie home. She is, hands down, one of our best nurses. We laugh and joke and she's really become part of the family. Nurse D's son was trached for 6 years so she knows the perils of nursing and the invasion of privacy that a lot of parents feel. I couldn't tolerate Nurse E working more than one night. She wakes me up over EVERYTHING. Literally every shift she wakes me up at least once.

Overall, it's a matter of finding the right nurse for you.

Andiesurprise
01-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I love my night nursing. I can relax and have a good night sleep. Andie feeds over night so they take care of the night feeds. They also have a list of duties to do. Which they like because it helps to keep them awake. For example they do all of Andie's laundry, corragated tube cleaning, trach cradle, syringes,etc They get cleaned every night. They tidy up and have a list of daily, weekly and monthly duties. All of my toys get sanitized. I have a detailed list of everything.
Andie is not that much work at night unless she is sick. But the liability of going to sleep and something happening scares me. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who is watching Andie we are liable. We are the ones that loose her. That is not to say I have never slept with her because we didn't have night care and many people love to do this on their own. I have heard on here. I think that is great. But working full time and managing everything is hard without nights. Not having to do all of Andie's cleaning is worth it in itself. My husband complained that he had to buy a robe to go to the bathroom instead of underwear. But if that is our biggest adjustment. I'll deal or should I say he will. Good luck. That was a long way to say we are in favour of night nurses:)

Carla Marie
01-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I guess its the noise that would bother me, our house isn't all that big and our house is VERY quiet at night, idk if I could handle the commotion at night.

Andiesurprise
01-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Well maybe it is not for you then. But we are all on one floor and we sleep with our door closed. All we hear is the humm of her cold neb compressor. I just love waking up to a clean house and floors. The girls do watch TV and go on the computer but we don't hear them.