PDA

View Full Version : In the hospital

Christamae
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I have been admitted to the hospital. I grew gram negative rods in my port-the worst kind. I will be here until my cultures are clear for 48 hours. I have a port/blood infection. I will be going home on IV antibiotics. I think I can go to school on those. Depending on the severity, I could be on antibiotic seven days to a month. At this point it looks like closer to the shorter end. I hope to be able to attend school while on the antibiotics.

The bug has been identified as Serratia. typically found in males- my 1% coming into play. I had a horrific night. I had the worst reaction to a medication. For like three hours I was at the peak of terror. And it was like someone gave me truth serum and asked, 'what are you afraid of?' Also I hallucinated...ug. It wasn't the antibiotic. I am tolerating that well. Waiting for 48 hours of no infection in cultures and set up of home IV antibiotics to be cleared to go home...

Alex's mom
01-26-2010, 08:51 PM
oh boy - that doesn't sound good. Sorry your in the hosp again. Hope you get out soon and you don't miss too much school.

Ainsley's Mom
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you kick it fast and get to go to school when you're a little better. Take care.

jamie
01-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I hope you get better soon.

lynn
01-27-2010, 01:24 AM
:hug:Hope you are out of there soon!!! Yuck that medication reaction sounds horrific!!

bryantem
01-27-2010, 01:47 AM
I hope you feel better soon.