PDA

View Full Version : New baby in Los Angeles/Orange County

suzannekearney
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Our baby just got trached on December 27th. We live in south LA county/north Orange County, California. Does anyone have words of advice or live near to us for support?
Thanks,
Suzanne Kearney
Timothy's Mom

Myself
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello Suzanne,

You will find this forum to be fountain of information, a wonderful group of people to offer support, a shoulder to cry on, and so much more.

The best advice I could offer is one day at a time, and I can imagine that you are overwhelmed right now. Just know you are not alone, and there are no silly questions, and no wrong feelings for whatever you may be experiencing.

Hugs to you, and may I ask why your son Tommy was trached?

Best,
Lisa

suzannekearney
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Timothy has cystic hygroma, a type of lymphatic malformation that causes large masses to grow in his neck. The mass currently is pressing on his windpipe which required his trach.

lynn
01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to welcome you to the boards. As Lisa said it is a place where you will find alot of usefull information, and make some of great friends... and also a great place to come and vent when things just get too out of control and you need someone who know exactly how you feel.

MRSJOH
01-27-2010, 05:39 AM
this board was a total lifesaver for us!

taking one day at atime is helpful, remember you can't learn everything in one day, and you will get all and do a great job! we all have overwhelming days too

cari
01-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Welcom to the board! This is the best place to find support and advice and it has got me through a lot. I am in Canada, but I have family in that area, so if there is anything that I could send your way to help out let me know!

JWorthington
01-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Welcome! as everyone has said you will make great friends here and get lots of advice. there is always someone who has been through something similar, so any questions, get asking! and as Lisa said, take small steps, one day at a time. good luck x

Louise D
01-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi and welcome. We are in OC and use CHOC for most apts. Where do you go? As others have said take things one day at a time. This is a great place to feel you are not alone.

Louise D

alizesmom
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome from the other side of the country. This is a great place to learn, laugh and vent. :hug: Karen

My little figther
01-27-2010, 11:01 AM
As everybody already said welcome and there is no better place to be to ask questions, vent, laugh cry etc.... there is no silly questions either - just shot away somebody on this board probably has the answer, and we all know what you are going through. WE GET IT.

Michelle

skye liela's mummy
01-27-2010, 03:35 PM
wecome get posted !! everyone on here is invaluable !! xx

suzannekearney
01-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi Louise, we're in Kaiser so we are must use their doctors and system (can't go outside). We're new to all of this and are not sure where to find help! Advice is appreciated!

Louise D
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Suzanne,

Is your little one home or still in the hospital? Do you have medi-cal or CCS? What about nursing? Feel free to PM me. I will help where I can.

Louise D

mum2dylan
01-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome aboard....:D ..Fantastic place for meeting great people..getting advice & learning how everyone else copes on a daily basic..you are not alone!!

Baby1107
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi there! We are in San Gabriel Valley and use CHLA for everything!! Welcome to the boards and let me know if you need any help. I think you said the magic word "Ka!ser"...could that be why you can't get a pulse ox? I agree you need to look into CCS & Medi-Cal to supplament where K leaves off.