PDA

View Full Version : So Tired

bryantem
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
As some of you know, Addisyn has a little bug. I think it is tracheitis since she is responding so well to the abx. She slept like a log, but the pulseox didn't. It was so tempremental last night. It beeps because it doesn't like the wave length, then it beeps because she moved. i think it beeped because I looked at it wrong. Most of the time, her sats were fine- even higher than normal.

lynn
01-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I hate that!!! I am up most nights -- not because of Joseph, but because of pulse ox/ vent alarms that seem to go off for no reason at all. (and I know it effects him- cause he is such a cranky boy the next day)

Glad she is doing better. :)

Niff
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm glad she's feeling better. Sorry about the pulse ox problems!! I want to toss ours out the window sometimes too.

cari
01-26-2010, 05:27 PM
We were having a rough go with our probes because Emerson was to big for the baby ones and to small for the adult ones and the only place they seem to stay and work on her is the outside of her feet. We looked into the different probes and found out there are disposable ones that stick on. They are great and you can actually use them more than once. Because they are self adhesive and you put tape around it they stay on really well. We stick a sock on over it and we are good to go! Just an option if you are getting too frustrated. We have also threatened our machine a few times with getting thrown out the window if it continued to be moody:rolleyes:

jamie
01-26-2010, 06:58 PM
i decided to tape the pulse ox onto evan's hand the way many of you tape it to your baby's foot. it worked pretty good.
glad your baby is feeling better, is this sick stuff going to get better when winter is over or is it an all the time thing?

Ainsley's Mom
01-26-2010, 09:49 PM
We get a lot more alarms when Ainsley isn't well. I think even if she's sleeping she tends to wiggle her feet more or something. She also ususally needs suctioning even when she's sleeping, whereas when she's well, almost never needs it at night. When she's sick it means crappy sleeping for days for me. Hope Addysn's feeling better and you're getting sleep again soon.

bryantem
01-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Because I haven't slept a good night since I was in California 2 weeks ago, I am now getting sick too. Along with starting a 11 credit semester, I am beat.

JWorthington
01-27-2010, 08:48 AM
urgh! hope you feel better soon. Sam is decanned and I still get very little sleep, mainly due to feeding pump alarms!! I was so tired last night I was actually asleep before Sam was!

jamie
01-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I am inspired you can take courses. I am signed up for two online courses that i thought i could work on while i was up all night with evan, and i am so behind i may have to drop. last night was a pitiful melody of beeep beeeep beeps. o well its 6 am and evan is awake maybe i can sleep for an hour or so,

babybear
01-28-2010, 09:21 AM
I have to put a velcro Posey Wrap around Gabriel's foot to secure the pulse ox probe, otherwise, the machine won't pick up his readings properly.