PDA

View Full Version : do you fundraise?

MRSJOH
01-25-2010, 12:24 PM
we give privatly to heart foundations and last year did the nstar walk at our hospital (CHB) (virtual walker as he was inpatient) we do get a lot of services from them, it is such a hard time right now I feel bad asking people, we could use the money too hahaha, but I figure if they arent' able to donate they just wont, hopefully not feel like we are demanding donations,

Niff
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Money is always tight with a SN kiddo, but combine that with a kid that's in the hospital for quite a long time.... ugh.

Most of us don't like asking for handouts. I mean, we have our pride, don't we? :rolleyes: But there are times when you desperately need help, you deserve help, and you shouldn't feel ashaimed to ask for it. Programs/foundations/fundraisers are all established because the founders realize the financial burden parents of SN kids carry and genuinely want to help.

We have donated clothes to one of our NICUs, and love anything to do with the Ronald McDonald House and March of Dimes. We were asked to apply as an ambassador family for the March of Dimes and declined. At the time we were just leaving the NICU and had too much on our plate already. I'm hoping in the spring to be involved with more of the local marches/walks.

MRSJOH
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
yeah I don't like asking for money, and there were times I wish I could have but I would never

I meant more for your hospital or a cause that is near and dear to you, I want to do something at least to say thank you to our local hospital and asking our friends and family if they want to donate some money to a hospital Ithink isn't too bad. Last year we raise about $1500 for childrens hospital and I decided to go again and fundraise (does that have an e i cant remember?)

jamie
01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
when evan was in the hospital our small town held a spaghetti fundraiser for him. all together it raised about 1800 dollars let me tell you my pride did not matter when it came to having the money i needed to pay parking 18 dollars a day gas ot and from hte hospital, and the kawanis house 20 dollars a night. he was there 7 months and that money was very helpful. i was able to stay at the RMH for free, but i had to purchase food at the hospital which was not only icky but expensive. i am a single mom and very greatful for all those people who contributed to evan.
on the other side of things Evan was given a lot of toys and clothes and blankets and stuffed animals, many of these he gave back to the children's hospital and other patients who needed comfort. i got all my FB friends to donate money to the CHildren's Miracle Network, who bought Evan his vent so we could come home. And i will never pass a MCD's donation jar without dropping all my change in it. It is just a dent in whjat was given to us, but i try to give back when ever i can. I alos hope to become a voulnteer for the children's hospital this summer after i take a training course.

Baby1107
01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
We do raise money on my FB page & blog. 100% goes directly to Children's Craniofacial Association (CCA). I did have a goal amount, but he have not met it yet. My family has made most of the contributions, but we could always raise more. Ain't that the truth?