PDA

View Full Version : supposed to go home tomorrow

MRSJOH
01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
tomorrow we are scheduled to GO HOME!!!! things change at the last minute so we shall see, jsut trying ot get things in order, there were a bunch of scripts that weren't sent out, also his formula....

and nursing is at 8hrs/day 7days a week.. (how soon can we cut back when we are finding it not helpful) some lady threatened us with 16 hrs or we cant go home and that ended up not being true...

so just getting everything together today, wish us luck :)

lynn
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
so glad to read this!!!! Hope everything falls into place and Jasper behaves himself and you can get the H*LL out of there!!!! As far as letting the nursing go, if you are at home, it is really up to you.. if you feel they arent working out, or aren't capable of taking care of Jasper you can let them go.. You may also find, that you are supposed to get those hours, but the agency may not be able to fill your schedule. I was down to 2nurses(one day, one night)that covered only 3 days of my week before I quit having nursing.. It made it easier on me that my daytime nurse was taking a month vacation, and I wasnt going to have any coverage to replace her anyway.. so it all sort of fizzled out right about the time I was fed up and done with nursing anyway.

suzanne2545
01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Awesome! If you have a nurse you like and trust, take advantage of it! Really, really! You need a break and with a little one coming you will need it even more. Our nurses became part of our family. And though it was trial and error and we marched some out the door, we got a great group overall and they just made life so much easier!

jamie
01-25-2010, 11:51 AM
congratulations!

Niff
01-25-2010, 01:57 PM
YAY!!!

Things always get left to the last minute. I think the staff like the added pressure or something. :p When Mac was discharging from the NICU we had people running around like crazy.

You can get rid of the nursing at any time... there's no point in you suffering through it if you don't like it. You may want to cycle through a couple nurses first to make sure it's not the nurse herself that is causing grief, as opposed to nursing in general. We've filtered through just about all the nurses at our agency and have found 3 that are fantastic and a handfull that are good (by my standards, obviously). I'm very grateful for our current staff and can definitely see where people get put off nursing because of some of the nurses that are sent out. In fact, I think our agency just hired on a some fresh staff and will be sending them our way. Mmmmm.... lunch! ;)

When it comes to nursing just remember that every house is different, so the nurse isn't going to automatically know what YOU want. Assign tasks, let them know how much (or little) you want them to suction, etc. Clarify and direct... and try to be patient. And if they give you any lip, show them to the door. LOL

JWorthington
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
everything crossed that things go smoothly and you can get home:)

Alex's mom
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Yay!! Finally!! Good luck with the nursing staff. I hope that you find some that work out for you.

TommysDad
01-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Hope you get home soon and that everything falls into place (including the nurses or no nurses--which ever you think is right for your family).
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: ~Maggie

Kaylie
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
wow, that so great.. i sure hope nothing changes last minute. we will be crossing fingers here.. give the nursing a try and who knows like Suzanne said you may find a great one , :hug:

kadiera
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm so glad to hear you're getting out of there! Hopefully discharge goes smoothly.

saywhatyouwill
01-27-2010, 02:55 PM
i hope you are home next time you log on!!!

x

MRSJOH
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
WE are home! last night was super !!!! the vent really isn't too much of an issue, jsut one more thing to lug around when we move into another room but not abig deal

Livi's_mama
01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
:music: :music: :music:

Congrats!!

Ainsley's Mom
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm glad you found out you didn't have to take 16 hours per day. I'm glad you made it home! Congrats!