PDA

View Full Version : Medela Clario Bags

Wooders80
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
For those of you who use a Medela Clario, does anyone else have a problem with the bag? We are on our third! The zip broke on the first and then the second. I have sent the two broken ones back to Medela, at their request, for them to send back to Switzerland where they are manufactured. No response yet. They replaced the first broken bag for free, but I had to pay for the second.

Just wondered if anyone had this issue? We have the black hard case bag.

LKN
01-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Our first hard back bag broke and I sent it back and they replaced it for free. We are still on the second bag and it is fine. The first one was tearing from the day we got it.

JWorthington
01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
when we trialled the clario both myself and the community children's nurse didn't like the bag. Because it's a hard case it is rigid and if you try to pack too much in (in our case, zillions of suction catheters and spare tubes and thermovents!) then it won't give and the zip breaks. it broke on ours too. Also, it's not that easy to suction with the machine in the bag. We complained about the bag right at the start because in our opinion it looks too much like a laptop bag and so is at risk of being stolen - and trachy kids need their suction! We always used to hang ours on the handle of the buggy, it was too uncomfortable to carry on your back. We asked if they could manufacture something a bit more child friendly, or at least have something on the bag to say that it was life saving medical equipment or something.

TommysDad
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
We had the soft bag for a few months. It also tore early on, and we just replaced it with a diaper bag. Now, we have a similar issue with diaper bags because we stuff a lot in them. The hard case just did not feel functional for us, and is sitting on a shelf.

sarah78
01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
So far ours has been ok but I have to say that I hate the bag. It's so hard and heavy and Istruggle to get my hand in to turn on the suction without taking off a big chunk of skin!! It also won't fit on the end of our Phil and Ted so I've invested in the pannier bags and the Clario now fits nicely into one of those, along with our zillion catheters!

Alex's mom
01-20-2010, 05:58 PM
I never liked the case that the suction came with. My reason for buying the clario was because it was small and I wanted to be able to consolidate everything into one bag anyway.

Ainsley's Mom
01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
No problems here with our hard case.

saywhatyouwill
01-21-2010, 04:13 PM
our zip bust completely as well. i didn't like the bag cos it was kinda awkward...plus it scratched my hands when i tried to get the tubing out.

i ditched it for that boots parents club freebee bag.