PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

bryantem
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I am sure it always complaining about something, but I promise, I am normally a happy person. I just received Addisyn's monthly order. I am trying to order enough supplies for a month so I don't have to keep calling them. I ordered:

5 Bivona trachs (shipping from another warehouse, however they are only shipping 1)
200 sxn catheters (I received 1)
100 saline bullets (I received them all)
30 2X2 split gauze (I received them all)
30 humid-vent mini's (I received 1)
30 pedi ducks (I received 1 pepper medical trach tie- I don't even use them)
30 cotton swabs (I received none)

Last time they didn't send anything on my order. Is there anyone I can contact about this? Luckily, we have enough of everything for at least another week, however the only trach I have is my back-up. I have already switched companies once. I am starting to believe they are all equally as bad.

LKN
01-19-2010, 02:52 PM
DMEs are frustrating! I don't have much advice for you except to call and speak to a supervisor about the missing items. I found that they were more helpful when supplies were missing or obviously packed wrong. I also tried to order more than I needed each month so I'd have a back-up supply in case something like you described happened.

As for the cotton swabs, don't sweat it--we used regular grocery store q-tips and they worked just fine for the 3 1/2 years he was trached.

jamie
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
i second the frustrated motion.
we had an awful night and me and Evan are sooo veryt tired today, so this morning i called chartwell and asked when they were going to deliver Evan's feeding supplies and they said in the morning when they PICK UP his pulse oximotor. I said um he needs that they said you will have to get one from his vent company. so they expect me to let him sleep without a pulse ox, NO. I called the vent company and they said they needed a perscription from the pumonologist, and we cant get that becasue Evan is not her patient yet becasue he only recently left the hopstial and has not had a follow up visit with her yet, even though she saw him every day for 5 months in the hospital. i am confused and yes frustrated and even mad. oh and on the rest of our order.
no on cotton swabs
no on iv split gauaze
ugh!

madelyn and rynns mom
01-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Your Bivonas can be re-sterilized and reused. We only get 4 per year and have only once had to call sooner due to a crack. I can tell you how we clean and re-sterilize them if you want. I hope this helps!

Kris:)

bryantem
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Your Bivonas can be re-sterilized and reused. We only get 4 per year and have only once had to call sooner due to a crack. I can tell you how we clean and re-sterilize them if you want. I hope this helps!

Kris:)

Sure! We don't have any Bivonas yet. I am such a dork- I am so excited to get them.

jamie
01-19-2010, 09:29 PM
yes please pm me i need to know how to clean our bivonas correctly

Ainsley's Mom
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I feel better about my orders after reading your post. It seems there is a mistake every month. I always end up getting one item I didn't order in place of something I did. It annoys me because of the environmental waste. But for the most part they are good. And they ususally have enough stock that they don't backorder a lot of items. It must be very frustrating.

Niff
01-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Having issues here too. It's definitely becomming a monthly thing. I know part of the problem is when that the people might put "1" as the quantity thinking one BOX, when they should be putting 30 for the individual item. Why the heck the people packing supplies don't pick up on this, I have no clue.

lynn
01-20-2010, 07:11 AM
I have learned to "double up" on the items I know I need, because our DME is always backordered on them. After reading this post though~ I guess mine really isn't as bad as I have thought.. I eventually get what I need I just keep getting little boxes and envelopes all month long. The only real issue I have is with ties~ every month I order by brand/model number... and every month the DME sends me the ones they want??? I dont know why it is such an issue for them... and I really dont have the energy to fight it-I get the 30 that I order, just my old style (usually) and not the ones I found that I like better.

bryantem
01-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Having issues here too. It's definitely becomming a monthly thing. I know part of the problem is when that the people might put "1" as the quantity thinking one BOX, when they should be putting 30 for the individual item. Why the heck the people packing supplies don't pick up on this, I have no clue.

The bad part is that I order in the quantities I need... I specifically told her 200 suction catheters, 5 trachs, 30 HME's, 30 Pediducks....and so on.

Quite honestly, I got better service from the last DME, however I can't wait 2 weeks to get new trachs since they refuse to stock them.

They still haven't called me back regarding my used equipment and my suction machine looks like it has been around a while. I charge it all night and the thing does not fully charge.

TommysMommy
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
We used Medi home health and NEVER had problems with our supplies. We had a standing order every month and the only time something didn't come was if they were out and I usually had it within 3 days by UPS.

I don't know if they are available everywhere, but I loved them. http://www.msa-corp.com/

jamie
01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
we are still waiting for the nutrition supply company to drop off Evan's formula today, they are not getting his pulse ox though i refuse to give it to them. the other company issupposed to bring a new one, but they are not answering their phones today. it makes it worse that we are in the middle of a huge storm. thank God Evan is not on the vent during the day

Kamilah's Mommy
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

aydenava
01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
WOW,I cant believe you get 5 bivona trachs!!!!We only got 1 per mo.....as for the HMEs they were always on back order!I actualy bought some off of ebay to hold me over for when we didnt have enough & I only used them when we went out, otherwise we just left him on his mist collar at home or did hourly sterile water nebs...its unfortunate but your at the mercy of the dme co......Angie

bryantem
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
WOW,I cant believe you get 5 bivona trachs!!!!We only got 1 per mo.....as for the HMEs they were always on back order!I actualy bought some off of ebay to hold me over for when we didnt have enough & I only used them when we went out, otherwise we just left him on his mist collar at home or did hourly sterile water nebs...its unfortunate but your at the mercy of the dme co......Angie

We have been so lucky that our insurance doesn't set a limit on what we can and can't have.