PDA

View Full Version : Special Guest Post: Let's Support KARIN!!!

Baby1107
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Karin was gracious enough to post on my blog today. Her post is about life after decann. I thought maybe it would be interesting for some of us still living the Trach life.

Check it out & leave her some comment love (support)!!:hug:

The Road Home (http://www.sneakpeekatme.com/2010/01/road-home.html)

hcs_mom
01-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Beautiful blog and wonderful post!

JWorthington
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM
:applause: Wonderful post Karin!

sarah78
01-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Very moving post..brought tears to my eyes!

Andiesurprise
01-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Very well written! So much rings true of our fears. Karin very strong of you not to try to defend where he is in his development to people. We will keep you in our prayers. I hope someday we will have our trach out and be as strong!

Baby1107
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
So glad you ladies enjoy it! I am all about awareness and anything that will help other parents know that they are not alone. I appreciate you dropping by, hope to see you all again soon.

KJKK8437
01-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the warm response. Janis had a great idea and deserves an awful lot of credit.

For the parents on the Board, I feel I need to add something to what I wrote. The emotions in that post are very real, and they did come out of some private writing I was doing to try to sort out something in my head. Looking at them now, it feels like a long time ago. In the 4 months since I wrote it, we have healed a lot. I do still worry, and I do still feel the need to have the baby monitor on every minute of the day, but we are a lot closer to feeling what I think is a more "normal" level of worry (as if I really know what that is).

I picked this up especially the other night when the power went out. For a full 30 seconds I did have to keep reminding myself that there was nothing I was supposed to be doing. It was the middle of the night, and my biggest concern was whether the power would be on in time for my shower in the morning or whether we needed to start cooking stuff in the freezer at breakfast. It was true ... but I had to keep reminding my adrenaline levels of that. :o

Anyway, some of you with recently decanned kids have said the post really hit home with you, and I didn't want to end the story there. I felt like my trach moms and dads that helped keep us together on the bad days deserved to know that the healing has continued. We are less neurotic every day! :p

Love you guys.

TaraB
01-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks Karin! Such a beautiful post!