PDA

View Full Version : Nurses Week

FightingForFaith
05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Since nurses usually get a bad rap in our circles (and believe me, I usually champion such conversations), perhaps it's time to show a little appreciation this week.

I wanted to remind you all that nurses week is May 6th-12th (May 6th is actual "school nurse day").

It took us a long time (well long in my book) to find a high-quality, dependable nurse and am forever grateful for her. She has given us a gift that no one else could- peace of mind!

Perhaps we can share some ideas of how to show our appreciation!

That's just my two-cents for the week. :)

llwilliams8
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I got cards and gift cards for each of my nurses. My nurse coordinator told me I was the only mom she has that asked about getting the nurses something. There is a policy that they are not to receive gifts so I had to get it okayed. I can't believe not more moms want to do a little something for their nurses. Thanks for letting me know about school nurse day---I never thought about getting her anything.

kshell
05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Considering my dh is a director of nursing and I work for a home health agency I should have been prepared for this, but I kinda forgot. I'm glad Jen posted this, I will get my act together and make sure I remember Natalie's two primary nurses. They have been great for us and Natalie!

Karen

drct1245
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
thanks Jen!

Ann
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Jack's nurses get an unexpected gift this week. For the last 7 years, Jack's nurses have had to be to our house by 7am every morning so I could get my other kids to school. My daughter now has her driver's license and today she got a parking permit for school. She can now drive herself (and my other daughter) to school and Jack's nurses don't have to be to the house until 8am from this point forward! :) But, I still plan on getting them gift cards to a restaurant. My nurses are the best and I absolutely couldn't do it without them.

Whitney
05-05-2009, 02:04 AM
thanks to all the great nurses out there!

bryantem
05-05-2009, 10:23 AM
We don't have a nurse, but maybe we should drop something off at the NICU.

FightingForFaith
05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
We don't have a nurse, but maybe we should drop something off at the NICU.

I think that is a WONDERFUL idea! I hadn't even thought of that, but now I think I just might do the same!

Thanks!