PDA

View Full Version : i hate my nursing company

Esties mom
05-01-2009, 05:40 PM
i have been with the same company for 7 years and they have always worked well with us. but now they have a new supervisor and they are rude. I have to sign this paper every month that even if they do not have nurses that i will accept the schedule and that with my back up care givers i can still keep the kids at home. then i need to list them, every month. bascially it is saying that i cannot complain and accept what they give me. When they found out some of my nurses come over on their off hours they through a fit. and told me that was unethical. i said they can come over and do in my home whatever on their off hours. They do not put the schedule out until the first of the month for that month so no one knows what their going to work until that week. They do not find back up nurses. The problem is that they are the only one licensed in our town. To switch i have to file a complaint and it has to be accepted by the state health dept. I am just venting i am tired of companys that make money on my kids to treat me rude

Ainsley's Mom
05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I think most agencies require the nurses not work for client's families on the side. They may even have to sign something when they become an employee. I wanted to hire our nurses for babysitting services on the side, that insurance didn't cover, and it was a no-no. Very annoying to say the least. But I thought you'd like to know that it's standard practice.

drct1245
05-01-2009, 11:09 PM
So sorry!! That stinks! Is there a single owner of the company? Could you talk to that person? I have called the owner of our nursing agency 2x.

Niff
05-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I would sit down and have a chat with the head honcho and discuss your concerns. :hug: I'm sorry they're being such a pain in the rear.

Ann
05-02-2009, 12:53 PM
It really, really bothers me when a healthcare provider (whether it be a medical professional, a nursing agency, or a DME company) feels like it has all the "power" because we have no other choice. They forget that, no matter what, we are the customer and they are paid to provide services to us. I think it might be worthwhile to discuss the way this company runs its business with whoever oversees the company. Companies have to compete for Medicaid's business just like they have to compete to become an approved provider for a private insurance company. Here in Arizona when I have my every two month meeting with the State's vent dependent program people, they ask me if I'm having any issues with the nursing agency or our DME. They stay on top of the companies that take their money to make sure they are providing good service to their patients.

I would take all the frustration and anger you are feeling and turn it into a letter (or email) to the person (or persons) who oversee Medicaid (or to the Director of Health Services) in your state. I'd also write to your state representatives regarding the treatment you are receiving from this nursing agency and request a meeting. This company is taking taxpayer money and itís accountable to the taxpayer. While the rule regarding nurses working for families on the side may not be something that can be changed, the attitude this company is taking towards its patients needs to be changed and Iíve got to believe someone out there will listen when this is brought to their attention.

Good luck and Iím sorry that you are being treated so poorly.

Ainsley's Mom
05-02-2009, 01:51 PM
....I have to sign this paper every month that even if they do not have nurses that i will accept the schedule and that with my back up care givers i can still keep the kids at home. then i need to list them, every month. ...

I'm a little confused about what you mean about still keep the kids at home. Are you saying that if they can't provide the nursing they require you to tell them who is going to be caring for your child? That seems like complete BS and a lot of work for you. Really I wouldn't think they could do that.

jschug2
05-02-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree with Ann - write a letter to your representatives, and make sure to send a copy to your nursing agency. I personally, would request a meeting with the owner of the company and politely tell them what you need. If that doesn't work, tell them you are going to call your lawyer - that almost always gets results!

FightingForFaith
05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I can relate with your frustration.

There are only two agencies in town that accept pediatric patients, and we've been through both of them.

We too, are having some major problems with our agency, and they have threatened to take away our case. The helplessness felt by this is overwhleming. What I would give to be able to drop my child off at a daycare so I don't have to feel like I am being monopolized by a nursing agency!

*Hugs*

Just know that you are not alone in this crummy, crummy part of our world!

Melisande
05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I would ditto what Ann, said! Let some other people know you are unhappy! Those agencies also have to be licensed, either state or federal or both. I would certainly think you would have a complaint about not being patient-centered!!! Most licensing people expect healthcare agencies to be patient-centered! And they are totally NOT that way! Make some noise, because it sure can't hurt your situation!! JERKS!!:mad: