PDA

View Full Version : hanging a feeding pump in hotel

Kaylie
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi guys,
i am in need of ideas for hanging the feeding pump and bag while staying in the hotel, i dont wanna take the iv pole, so i need some creative ideas as to :)

angelbaby
05-01-2009, 02:20 PM
what kind of pump is it? we had a enterlite, and we now have an infinity, niether needs to be hanged, i just lay it in the bed with my son, and just make sure, no air is in the bag, and for the most part haven't had any alarms.

aydenava
05-01-2009, 02:21 PM
We went to the home depot & got a small board of wood & a plastic pole that fit inside another piece that could be screwed to the board & then at the top we put one of those little hookes that just screws in.the pole can be removed from the board & the boad fits under anything ,a matress,chair coushin or used on the floor held down by a book.Or get The entralite infinity pump its tiny & doesnt need to be hung (theres no drip chamber),its for kids that need to walk around & still eat its keept in a back pack.....Angie

kirafaesmom
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I've made sure there's no air in the bag and then prop the bag on a pillow above the pump. I've also hung it from the bedside lamp! Just bring an "S" hook.....

rea74
05-01-2009, 04:07 PM
You can find some adhesive wall hooks at places like Lowe's or such that stick to the wall, and come off very easily. I used these the few times we went somewhere's and didn't want to take the IV pole with us.

http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/command/commandcoupon/?WT.mc_id=www.commandcoupon.com&WT.ctod=15:06

babyhugger
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
We use a banana rack and set the pump in front:)

drct1245
05-01-2009, 11:16 PM
We have the zervex, so it doesn't have to hang - we just set it on something. We use a coat hangers to hang the bag and then just set the pump on something. Or we have used the trach ties to hang it from Ayden's play pen.

hope that helps...

Niff
05-02-2009, 08:18 AM
How heavy is the feed? I'd go with a thumb tack or removable wall adhesive.

madelyn and rynns mom
05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
We set the pump on a night stand and use a hook with removable adhesive to hang the bag.

Love Kris

Jacob's Mom
05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Banana rack - good idea. We don't use a pump any longer, but in the past we have used a lamp. I just took the shade off and took out the bulb.

Alex's mom
05-02-2009, 11:29 AM
We don't use an iv pole at home. At night we attach the the pump and bag to this o2 cart: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SOMXZS/ref=asc_df_B000SOMXZS785908?smid=A3FTKNZ9RHYKG2&tag=shopzilla_rev_1023-20&linkCode=asn

Our dme happened to give us one when we initially came home.

It has a small hook at the top near the handle that we hook the bag to. During the day we keep it in an insulated lunch bag. You could even use the backpack if you recieved one with your pump.

Wooders80
05-02-2009, 02:50 PM
The few times we went away when Dominic still used an overnight feeding pump we took away a tripod stand. We then clipped the pump to the stand. We used an Abbott pump, and the giving sets we had connected directly to our formula (pediasure) bottle, which we just hung over the top of the tripod stand.

Worked a treat, and much more compact in the car than the normal stand we used at home.