PDA

View Full Version : Botox

Kate
04-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Just saw this on our news tonight...know that we've talked about botox inj. before for those with tone issues.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090430-719175.html

I guess it isn't going to let you look at the entire article. It has been discussed before-saying it isn't "safe" just thought I'd bring it up again. I had heard a lot about it for awhile and now this is the first I'd heard of it for a long time. Is anyone using botox? I have heard a lot of good things about it-but again, haven't heard of anything lately. Maybe they are not doing it as much.

madelyn and rynns mom
04-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Maddy gets Botox shots in her legs every 3-4 months. She has not had any adverse affects.

Kris

Ainsley's Mom
05-01-2009, 12:46 AM
We did Botox to Ainsley's salivary glands in March. Haven't seen any negative side effects. We will see in June if there was any effect on the swelling. If there it doesn't help we will likely not continue it. And if it does we may do a few more rounds, hoping she will be able to manage her secretions eventually and no longer need the Botox or the more invasive salivary gland removal.

alizesmom
05-01-2009, 08:40 AM
We've done botox both to Alize's arms and Ciara's salivaries. I spoke to the respective doctors about this and they felt that problems were dose related. My own thinking is that 1) like anything else with our kids you have to weigh the pros and cons and 2) the big problem sounds like it is respiratory related and most of us already have that. I personally would do botox again if warranted. Karen

TommysMommy
05-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Tommy had botox to his phayngeal muscle (top of esophagus) twice. Both times were unsucessful, but he had no adverse reactions either.

Kate
05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
It must just be rare cases-because I've heard of so many that have used it and have been very happy with the results-or it just didn't work, but nothing bad happened. Interesting. I suppose they still have to put the warning out there.

Mom2TwinsPlus1
05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
We did use botox until my friends daughter died as a direct result of botox posioning. Now we don't use it, its just not worth the risk to me to have very min movement in Emma's hands or other body part, when she really doesn't have a lot of purposeful movement anyway.

I would rather have a stiff little girl than a dead one.

But its a totally personal choice, if Emma were inches away from walking, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to try to botox if that is what she needed to walk. But we are a long way from that point