PDA

View Full Version : Pecs-very cool

Kate
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
For those who are into Pecs-I went to the AT Expo tonight and just had to share this. I WISH this was out about 2 years ago when we were just introducing this stuff to Mitchell-though he could do it now, he would outgrow it fast.

http://www.proxtalker.com/

Another very cool thing I saw there or have an article on is a program you put on your iphone or ipod touch that makes it a speaking device. I didn't see it in person but have an article on it. The program is called Proloquo2go. Here is a site

www.proloquo2go.com

madelyn and rynns mom
04-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Very Cool!!

Love Kris

Ainsley's Mom
05-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks for sharing that. It's pretty cool! I think I'll forward it to Ainsley's therapist.

JWorthington
05-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Wow they are pretty cool.:)
Here is what I am trialling with Sam in the next few weeks
http://teachinglearnerswithmultipleneeds.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-aac-device-jive.html

Kate
05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Susan-I'd love for one of our kids to get this-I saw it and really just fell in love with it-like I said-I really wish they had it out 2 years ago, it would've been perfect for us. I talked to the owner and founder of the company. They do free trials-so tell your slp that if she calls-they can send you one for 30 days.

Julie, let me know how it goes I was looking at something like that for Mitchell. But actually wondering if it is too small. I'm wondering if it is that small if he would lose it somewhere.

Get this-that one for the ipod is like $150...so you figure, buy an ipod for a couple hundred, buy the application for $150...that's a device under $500...you can't find much for under $500...sounds too good to be true. Do you think insurance would pay for an ipod for communication use :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Would love to work on that appeal :)

alizesmom
05-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Definitely cool. Karen

JWorthington
05-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Julie, let me know how it goes I was looking at something like that for Mitchell. But actually wondering if it is too small. I'm wondering if it is that small if he would lose it somewhere.

Katie - it's not really tiny, just a bit larger than a Blackberry or a palm pc. I( quite fancy it because it doesn't scream special needs!

Get this-that one for the ipod is like $150...so you figure, buy an ipod for a couple hundred, buy the application for $150...that's a device under $500...you can't find much for under $500...sounds too good to be true. Do you think insurance would pay for an ipod for communication use :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Would love to work on that appeal :)
mmm, interesting - the one I'm looking at costs almost $6k:eek:

Kate
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
mmm, interesting - the one I'm looking at costs almost $6k:eek:

I know I've seen them run anywhere from 5-10k...yikes! You may want to look into this ipod thing-if it works great-it may save you a bunch of money.

Kaylie
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi Kate,
do you know the cost for the proxtalker?i need to check into this further. it looks awesome, and 10 thousound words wow

Kate
05-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Kate,
do you know the cost for the proxtalker?i need to check into this further. it looks awesome, and 10 thousound words wow

The base unit is about $2300. This includes the talker and 100 chips...thats the catch of this-they say 10,000 words but you have to buy more chips-but, I think if you have boardmaker you can make your own. If I were you I'd have Kaylie's slp (if she has one) call and ask to trial it. It is free and they send it to you for a month.

Kamilah's Mommy
05-01-2009, 08:25 PM
oh thats cool ;)