PDA

View Full Version : Plug-in air freshner?


Niff
04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Silly question - is it okay to use plug in air freshners (like airwick)? I have one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom, but it's a one level house so the smell permeates.

kirafaesmom
04-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Personally, I wouldn't. Both Kira and I have allergies; not knowing exactly what *might* sets her off has me err on the side of caution. Especially since she's now completely trach dependent with no upper airway.

drct1245
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I was the opposite of Michelle - I continued to use them, but quit wearing perfume. I use lysol in his diaper pail though. I only did one scent at a time. Another personal preference... :)

saywhatyouwill
04-29-2009, 05:59 AM
emily seems okay with them, and with scented candles. i don't use any sprays though.

JWorthington
04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I remember posting something similar several years ago when Sam first came home. We prefer not to use them, I don't use any sprays either except occasionally febreze - but I only use that when Sam is out of the house at school. I personally don't like the plug ins, I find the scent a little overpowering. I just open windows whenever I can to prevent the air getting stale. We also bought an air purifier/ioniser but haven't needed to use it too much.

Julie x

lynn
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I have continued to use them and candles also (once O2 was discontinued)
I have one by bathroom upstairs and one in kitchen downstairs. Doesnt seem to bother Joseph, I just dont use anything in his bedroom cause it is so small- I take his can outside to spray it. (but do use scented bags in it- seems to help)

TommysMommy
04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
We never used anything with any scent. I would use febreeze if he wasn't in the room, but nothing else. I didn't even use cleaners that had any odor.

kshell
04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
We don't use anything heavily scented. We were told to avoid sprays and anything with a strong scent. When Natalie was smaller anything would trigger a full blown bronchospasm.

lil' G's mom
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
I've worn body spray's (bath and body works, love them) since the very beginning, and we have used plug-ins, also from bath and body..... but I think it all depends on your child, and what your comfortable with....

T-bone
04-29-2009, 09:19 PM
We don't use anything with a scent.

Tess

Alex's mom
04-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I stopped burning candles and started using a candle warmer instead. If I have one, I use a plug in type freshner in the bathroom.

I guess it depends on if you find out that Mackenzie is sensitive to smells.

Mom2TwinsPlus1
05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
We use plug ins, and at times we have one in every room of the house, (we have a dog so thing can get doggie stinky if I don't) I burn candles, spray sprays, burn incents and burn oils from time to time to. But nothing seems to bother Emma, she is vented so maybe that helps filter some of it? I think it totally depends on the child and their lungs. Emma's lungs are 100% healthy so nothing seems to bug her.

The only thing I don't use in my home is bleach. Atleast not when Emma is up and never ever unless the laundry room door is shut. Even then rarely. My mom's lung issues she has have been directly linked to bleach use as a housekeeper, that and whooping cough as a child