PDA

View Full Version : sesame place park in Philly Pa

Kaylie
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
:) Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has gone to the amusement park and if so, can you tell me about your hotel stay as well as your visit to the park. we will be going the second weekend in May, this will be our first trip in 5 years other than long rides to appointments. now keep in mind we have a 5 year old Kaylie, and we have a year and half Audrianna, so we need any and all info you got... we hope to really enjoy this...thanks in advance,,:)

My little figther
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I have never been there - I hope you will tell me everything about it so we can take Ethan there - I wish we could Cedric too but I am afraid we will have to wait for us to be able take him anywhere.

Just have fun and take pictures!!!

Michelle

lynn
04-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I havent been there since my girls were little (prob 12yrs ago) we stopped for a day on our way driving to NJ - when we went, it was mostly water rides, dont know if they added anything else since. my 4 yr old loved it, but my 2 yr old was scared to death of the water. I remember that there is a kids area with alot of climbing/ nets/ foam blocks/ slides ect.. and there were a few stage shows. have you checked the website for them? I cant remember anything about where we stayed, so I am no help with that.. I do know there is a John&Kate +8 episode that they go there-- my 9yr old keeps telling me...Maybe if you can find the show episode, it will give some more info.

I am going to take my family to Hershey Park on May 30 and this will be our first overnight with Joseph, so I know how anxious you are about packing, supplies, ect... let us know how it goes.

Alex's mom
04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
We are thinking of going there in June. I've never been, this will be our first time. I hope you have fun!

Kaylie
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
thanks guys, we have been on the website, and it looks like alot of fun for kids, there must be more rides than there had been years ago, we never even knew of the place until we saw a episode of Jon and Kate (lol) funny right, well we have never taken any trips other than hospital ones so this is forsure a adventure for us, especially having Kaylie and a 1 and half wild child to seal the deal. i was hoping that some would know of a good hotel.
of course i wanna know how u guys pack and what you all take with you for trips, i dont wanna miss taking things that we need, as well as figuring out how to make shift things that we cant bring , like iv pole and that stuff, any ideas are welcome.. thanks

KJKK8437
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
I was there when my 17 year old nice was about 6. We had a ton of fun ... but what I remember was the water slides and pools and the rope climbing course. I don't remember much else. It was a blast, though. I remember that the rope part was plenty dry enough to not worry about a trach. The water stuff would have been okay with a child old enough to understand and cover the trach around the fountains. Only you know Kaylie well enough to know whether that is possible.

We were thinking of Kings Dominion in a few weeks. Any chance you want to meet up?

Kaylie
04-28-2009, 08:48 PM
you guys need to check the website out. from the sounds of things that you guys have said, the park has come along way, especially from what i am seeing, i am excited this is our first trip ever ,since Kaylie came home from the nicu. but i am also worried that i am going to forget something that we may need for Kaylie.. what would you all do for a make shift iv pole at the hotel?

Kaylie
04-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I was there when my 17 year old nice was about 6. We had a ton of fun ... but what I remember was the water slides and pools and the rope climbing course. I don't remember much else. It was a blast, though. I remember that the rope part was plenty dry enough to not worry about a trach. The water stuff would have been okay with a child old enough to understand and cover the trach around the fountains. Only you know Kaylie well enough to know whether that is possible.

We were thinking of Kings Dominion in a few weeks. Any chance you want to meet up?

let me know when? we do have some testing and procedures coming up but let me know when you think you are going, it sounds wonderful..

Kaylie
04-28-2009, 08:53 PM

sesame place

KJKK8437
04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
sesame place

right. We won't make it there this year. But if you want to make it to Kings Dominnion too, let us know.

My little figther
04-29-2009, 07:55 AM
There is also the dutchwonderland in Lancaster, PA next to Hershey park - did anybody go there http://www.dutchwonderland.com/index.php

We might take Ethan there in a couple of weeks and visit Dutch country - I am not Amish but Dutch (Flemish) is in my blood on my mom's side.

Michelle

KJKK8437
04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
There is also the dutchwonderland in Lancaster, PA next to Hershey park - did anybody go there http://www.dutchwonderland.com/index.php

We might take Ethan there in a couple of weeks and visit Dutch country - I am not Amish but Dutch (Flemish) is in my blood on my mom's side.

Michelle

I used to work at the pizza hut across the street from Dutch Wonderland. You are going to my home town.