PDA

View Full Version : Stethoscope

Niff
04-26-2009, 05:59 PM
What brand stethoscope do you use and do you like it? We're shopping around and would like some input. :)

ericnrosesmom
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
We came home with a bunch of extras from the hospital. I have no idea what brand they are but they work ok.

llwilliams8
04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
We just took the one from the hospital but not sure what brand it is. Littmann's are really good, that's the brand as used when I was a veterinary technician. My nurses use a pediatric one but ours is not specific for pediatrics.

Andrew's Mommy
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I have a Sprague it works i like it and my son's nurses love it so i think its good

kshell
04-26-2009, 09:06 PM
We have a Littmann. My dh is a nurse and it was an extra he had. Works better than the cheap one we got from the hosptial, we keep that one in our go bag.

Karen

Mom2TwinsPlus1
04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
We don't even own one. Never really have. Our nurses when we had them used to use their own. Its been a year and half or so since nurses were here so Emma's chest just doesn't get listened to. I can tell by putting my hand on her chest if she is yucky and needs suctioning and since she has no lung issues we dont normally have to worry about wheezing or the such.

I know our nurses had a Littman they really liked

bryantem
04-27-2009, 12:53 AM
We have a liyman. My mom is a paramedic and it is hers.
________
Xv700 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XV700)

JWorthington
04-27-2009, 04:55 AM
I just bought a pediatric one from ebay, there is no manufacturers name on it, so its nothing special, but it does the job so thats all that matters.

Julie x

cbissell
04-27-2009, 07:49 AM
I've always used a Littmann

faywrayy
04-27-2009, 11:23 AM
We started just using the ones we got at the hospital, but then got a Littman from one of Kate's nurses. It works so much better, makes the hospital ones seem like toys.

Kaylie
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Littman here, we convinced our insurance to cover, its in our eyes the best and we have had many different ones of different makers..we have a infant peds one,,

Wooders80
04-28-2009, 06:31 AM
We've never had one. If I want someone to listen to Dominic's chest I call the Community Nurse to visit or our Physio, or go to the hospital if things are more serious. Starting to wonder if I should have one though, but we've managed for three and a half years without.

cbissell
04-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Starting to wonder if I should have one though, but we've managed for three and a half years without.

It takes training and practice to learn how to listen to lung sounds and to actually understand what you are hearing. Although many parents do master the skill, this type of assessment is usually left to doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists.

Alethia
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
We have a Littmanns too left over from my short stint in med school. I don't think one is required as I have used it maybe three times in Angus' life. I wouldn't sweat it if you don't have one.