PDA

View Full Version : Kira update: Formerly Goodnews..pnumonia

kirafaesmom
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Ok....so anyone have a brick wall for me to bang my head against? Yesterday, I tried IN VAIN to get either our pediatrician/pcp or our pulminologist to prescribe pulmicort since the ER sent us home with NO breathing treatments AT ALL. Course I've been doing the vest and Xopenex without fail, because that's what you do to treat a pnuemonia! Ok....so why my frustration now? I saw her quite improving once the Rocefin shots were out of her system and she was on the Augmentin. So, I called the ER to ask about the results of the trach aspirate culture. I was told, well, didn't they tell you they will only call if it's a positive resulte? Um....no, I wasn't I tell him, but that I KNEW it was bacterial because she responded so well, so quickly to the antibiotic shots, but that she wasn't responding to the oral antibiotic she was on. That got me the nurse practitioner for the ER. So, she looks it up....gram positive for Cocci and psudomonus......hmmmmmmmmm....really? A positive reading? So, they are adding another antibiotic to the Augmentin (don't know what yet)...and I asked for and got our Pulmicort. Pays to know how to work the system. Just wished they would do their job and not leave it for us as parents to do it. There's just no getting around being a control freak with our kids......Thanks for letting me vent. It just makes me spitting mad that they send us home to deal with a nasty pneumonia and then don't give me the tools I need to do it right. Makes no sense to me.

saywhatyouwill
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
i absolutley hate that with results because we are trusting people to do their jobs in just the kid of situation where people don't seem to be able to do their jobs: administration. i would much rather they called and said, yes, the test is negative instead of leaving you wondering whether they just haven't checked.

good for you!

Ainsley's Mom
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I was told, well, didn't they tell you they will only call if it's a positive resulte? Um.....

:rofl: Yeah right.

bryantem
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
While I can't see the ER that we usually go to, I am thankful that our own pediatrician will see our kids when they go to that ER. This way, I know they are getting the meds we need. I usually get whatever I ask for from our Pulm and the pediatrician.
________
STARCRAFT II REPLAY (http://screplays.com/)

lynn
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I tend to be a real pain when it comes to the "we'll call if it is not normal"--- I have not been called several times when bloodwork was abnormal and meds needed upped, or changed- now if I hadnt kept calling insisting I wanted to know the results, how much damage would there have been to Josephs kidneys? The last time I saw the renal dr- he marked his records- call with ALL results! and his nurse now knows that if I dont hear back in a day- I will keep calling till I get the info- even if it is "no changes everything looked great"
This is just one of the many things that we have to keep up on and yes, know how to really work the system to get the best care for our kids.

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Just think if we all got payed for everyone elses' jobs we did for them!!!!!!

kirafaesmom
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Ha! No kidding....my budget would look a little better.....

bryantem
04-24-2009, 12:42 AM
I keep saying that I am going to bill my insurance for all of the work that I do.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

JWorthington
04-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Lynn's suggestion was good, get them to put a note on Kira's file to ring with all results. I sometimes wish they would phone even when they find nothing, at least you know then that someone has been doing something!

My little figther
04-24-2009, 07:42 AM
I am so sorry getting test results is sometimes one of the most diffucult thing to do - always have to call - run aftet the right person that might have the regit information.... it is just ridiculous. I hope Kira gets better though once she will have the meds she needs.

Michelle