PDA

View Full Version : PMV trials

bryantem
04-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that our PMV trials are doing well. We did the hole in the PMV trick and I even showed our SP this site. She had never heard of the hole, but a coworker of her is from cincy, so she is excited to try it out too. We are doing 30 minute trials a couple of times a day. We turn the PMV so the hole is under her chin, and she occludes it and then we turn her PMV so that it is facing outward. I heard a little squeek yesterday. :p Does anyone have any other tips on PMV trials? Right now we do them when she is either sleeping (in our arms) or after she has just eaten so she is calm- and always attached to her pulseox.
________
Drug Tests (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Kaylie
04-18-2009, 08:26 PM
thats great news.. here we were told not to use the pmv while sleeping, at least when you first start to use it. we also used the pulse ox to make sure that the saturation levels are within the limits.. also if she eats by mouth at all you can try it out when you feed. thats good to start out with a hole and it works well for many and then when you progress further u can use a regular one, starting out your time of use is awesome. keep up the good work,,

lynn
04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Great to hear you are having sucess for such a long period of time at the beginning of your trials. Hope you hear some beautiful cries real soon

JWorthington
04-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Glad it is going well, Sam hated his at first. Hope you are soon having conversations!

Julie x