PDA

View Full Version : Another cold

kshell
04-18-2009, 03:24 PM
We were all sick last month and now Natalie has started with another cold. I did so good keeping everyone healthy this winter and to have 1 COLD a month for the pat month, I am pissed. To top it off she just has her last RSV shot yesterday. The weather is beautiful but I don't want to take Nattie out with a low grade fever.

Karen

drct1245
04-18-2009, 03:27 PM
OH Karen... I feel for you... we too just got over a cold and we had just had one last month too... I hope she breezes through it. How is she handling her colds off the vent?
:hug:

JWorthington
04-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, the colds seem to be dragging on this season. I just started with another one myself, it stinks,

Julie xx

Kaylie
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM
sorry you all have been sick, that really stinks forsure, especially when the weather is getting nice.. maybe the fever is letting you know she may have something else going on and and may need a antibiotic,, i hope soon you guys can get out and enjoy the weather.. please take care

lynn
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear Natalie is not feeling well. Could it be a reaction from the shot?

LKN
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry she's got another cold! We are on our second or third round of colds this year, too. I'd take her out for a quick walk anyway. The sun feels so good when you are sick. :hug:

Niff
04-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Sounds silly, but are we entirely sure it's a cold as opposed to allergies? I used to think I was getting a cold religiously and it turned out I just had allergies. I hope Natalie feels better!

kshell
04-19-2009, 05:29 PM
So we are on Augmentin. Collected a trach culture and have to store it and drop it off at the ped tomm. in the am but he put her on Augmentin to cover. Her fever stayed up over 100 all night and when she woke up her secretions were off color. I'm sure its a tracheitis. She was growing something out last month (forget what, something I never heard before) and she was already on Amoxil and getting better. The lab forgot to do a sensitivity last time and the ped said theoretically the but could be resistant to amoxil but she was getting better. I think the amoxil just kept it at bay and it geared back up. I will make sure I tell them to run a sensitivity. Duhhh, I sometimes forget this is why I need to be a control freak.

Karen