PDA

View Full Version : Cedric update

My little figther
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Cedric still has a fever - My daughter met with several doctors and nurses among them the head nurse of HSC where Cedric usually is.

The fact is that Cedric has a very bad infection that he does not seem to fight - a couple of issues - first they have practically no access to any vein because most of them have been used and collapsed - the second the Interferon given to fight the virus in his throat weakens his own immune system, slow the production of blood and make his bones become more fragile so more exposed to any kind of infection.

First course of action stop the interferon for now - make a study of his blood system to see where a central line could be placed - then eventually give him a blood transfusion if needed - keep going with the antibiotic treatment and isolate him in a room all by himself.

He is considered in a very serious condition and if they can not have IV access it can turn very very sour.

The doctors told her there is hope but at this point anything can happen but they truly hope for the best outcome.

That is it for now. I am not liking all this it is scary and unpredictable but I guess we will have to accept the hope that is given to us.

More updates when I can

Oh I forgot the neurologist was there as well - the scarring due to lack of oxygen cause Cedric to act as a 4 month old .... big news .... we already knew it is obvious!!!

Michelle

Ainsley's Mom
04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh Michelle I'm sorry to hear that things are so uncertain. I can imagine you must be very tired. I feel so bad for Cedric that he's been through so much. I really hope things turn around for him. I know how much your whole family loves him. :hug:

kirafaesmom
04-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Cedric still has a fever - My daughter met with several doctors and nurses among them the head nurse of HSC where Cedric usually is.

The fact is that Cedric has a very bad infection that he does not seem to fight - a couple of issues - first they have practically no access to any vein because most of them have been used and collapsed - the second the Interferon given to fight the virus in his throat weakens his own immune system, slow the production of blood and make his bone become more fragile so more exposed to any kind of infection.

First course of action stop the interferon for now - make a study of his blood system to see where a central line could be placed - then eventually give him a blood transfusion if needed - keep going with the antibiotic treatment and isolate him in a room all by himself.

He is considered in a very serious condition and if they can not have IV access it can turn very very sour.

The doctor told her there is hope but at this point anything can happen but they truly hope for the best outcome.

That is it for now. I am not liking all this it is scary and unpredictable but I guess we will have to accept the hope that is given to us.

More updates when I can

Michelle
I'm so sorry. I know you've shed plenty of tears of your own...but I can't help but shed a few for you, your daughter and Cedric. Prayers continue and yes....there is hope...hold onto that.

KJKK8437
04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Please remember what I told you on the phone. I know you want to be there every second, and you and DD deserve some time with Cedric together so you can be strong for each other.

And I still need to deliver those hugs in person -- especially Hope's.

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-16-2009, 09:49 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Caty
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Michelle, I honestly don't know what to say but I have plenty of hugs and prayers! I know you're running yourself ragged. Try to get some rest at some point, okay? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Michelle - please know we love you all and are in our prayers -

:hug:
Hope

Myself
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Sending you a hug, and a big bouquet of comfort.

Lisa

lynn
04-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear everything is so uncertain- but there is always HOPE- hold onto it, Cedric surely is a fighter. Praying the docs find an easy access for a line.

debvec
04-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Michelle,

I am praying and praying that the hope turns into reality.

Niff
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Arg - that kiddo just can't get a break. Big :hug:s to you and your family.

saywhatyouwill
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
sending love and hope from scotland.

JWorthington
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Michelle, :hug: :hug: Much love to you all. Your little fighter will continue to fight, I'm sure. He knows what a loving family he has.

Julie xxx

katie'smum
04-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Sending lots of love and prayers to you all. Stay strong.

Lots of love,

Bea xx

JacobKaden
04-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Ah, Michelle....:hug: :hug: It is so, so hard to see our loved ones suffer:( Cedric is indeed a fighter. Embrace that hope. As I mentioned to Karen, be sure to tell Cedric everything you need to tell him, do everything you need to do with him, kiss him, hold him, take tons of pic's & as another Mom said, there will never be enough "time", how could there be?

I think having all those precious memories will sustain you and give you peace, should Cedric pass suddenly, whether you are there or not. You are an awesome Grandma & Cedric knows this........:inlove:

Kaylie
04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
:hug: Michele and family
my heart goes out to you all,i cant even imagine how difficult life is right now for you guys and especially Cedric.we havent stopped praying and thinking about you all. please know that our love is here for you all . we are all here for you guys..we love you all..