PDA

View Full Version : Psedemonsus ?

babysupermansmommy
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
so i think its back! bright green secreations. my ? is can he run a fever with it?

TommysDad
04-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Tommy never does, but I think that's unusual. When we get the results that pseudo is growing, they always ask if Tommy's got a fever, desatting, high heart rate, increased bowl movements, vomiting. I would think a fever would show that the infection is becoming systemic--effecting other areas of the body besides just the lungs/trachea. I would think they would want to treat. I'd call your Pulm.

Niff
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Mackenzie had pseudomonas a week or 2 ago. She had a slight fever for a few hours and then it came back down. I think it varries by kid.

bradensmom
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
He can run fever with it, but doesn't have to. Braden has had it many times and has reacted differently. He has run fever at times and other times had a high heart rate and low sats. You just never know.

Amy

babysupermansmommy
04-16-2009, 12:16 AM
doc said he has a cold AGAIN!!!!!

going to be talking to our nursing agency becuase one of our nurses keeps saying she has allergies, BUT I have my wonders she said that the first time and anthony got very sick and so did we, not only is anthony sick again, i am starting to feel sick and cady is very fussy :(

JWorthington
04-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Sam is colonized with pseudomonas. the only time he has had a fever with it is when there has been a secondary infection (even just a cold). Sam was in hospital about a year ago with high fevers, desats and general lethargy. The only thing they found was the pseudomonas which he tests positive for every time we do a trach culture.

Julie

cherienz
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
We don't normally have a fever with it, but I can always smell it.

We are colonized too. I just think it is part of trache life after a while. If Mitch has a fever it can always be any number of things and he always tests positive for pseudomonas. It is serious. But it seems to be par for the course with traches. Get cultures, aspirates done if hte fever continues or other signs. YOU should smell pseudomonas.
Cherie

Alethia
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Angus gets this too - musty, yucky smelling secretions - usually when he's been a bit run down. He can appear more fatigued and sleep more when this happens, but he rarely gets properly ill with it. He's had 2 hospital admissions with green secretions in his life where pseudomonas was the only thing which came up on cultures, but it was only a mild/moderate growth, so I'm not convinced it was responsible for him being ill. I reckon he's had viral things then and they've kept his immune system so busy that the pseudo had an opportunity to flourish. If it is a real problem for Anthony, then would your pulmonologist agree to colomycin nebs? I know that some parents on this board have had success keeping pseudo at bay this way.