PDA

View Full Version : Video of trach change if anyone is interested.

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/goddessgretcho/th_100_0254.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/goddessgretcho/?action=view&current=100_0254.flv)

kirafaesmom
04-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Celia does great! Ok....want a laugh? I mean seriously...I can't believe I'm about to admit this. I turned up the volume the second time I watched because I wanted to hear what Celia was saying as she pointed to her trach! I guess I'm still a "newbie" even after 2 1/2 months.....

Niff
04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
So quick and easy. Celia does great! :)

Michelle - After your comment I went back and turned up my volume. lol Now I feel like a dork. :p

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
:rofl: TOOOO FUNNY!!!
Ya that time she was just lipping the words,,she does actually talk though,,I think because of her heaqring loss that we all just look like we are moving our lips unless we are talking really loud so that is her copying us!!

kirafaesmom
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
So quick and easy. Celia does great! :)

Michelle - After your comment I went back and turned up my volume. lol Now I feel like a dork. :p
I'm still laughing at myself!

Ainsley's Mom
04-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Wow you're quick! I could see she was pretend talking. Too cute. I bet she was telling you off for messing with her. ;)

JWorthington
04-15-2009, 02:51 AM
That was quick Gretchen! What a well behaved girl Celia is (though I suppose she's used to it by now) Sam still puts his hands in the way and tries to sit up when we take the old trach out, he does not want his trach!:eek: I wouldn't post one of our trach changes on here for fear of freaking anyone out ha ha! Though we are used to it by now, it's just Sam.

Julie x

nad_d
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
it was quick.
i am changing while I'm sitting, its less scaring.
i tie one side of the tube with rope b4 changing.

be careful to much quick can hurt.

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I actually tried to do it a bit slower than usual for the video,,I have to do it that fast as she CAN NOT breath at all without the trach, instantly turns blue, panics and sucks the stoma in to where I can not get the trach in at all thus making it really traumatic!!

Niff
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
I actually tried to do it a bit slower than usual for the video,,I have to do it that fast as she CAN NOT breath at all without the trach, instantly turns blue, panics and sucks the stoma in to where I can not get the trach in at all thus making it really traumatic!!

Oh my. That's just awful. :( I'm surprised she doesn't throw a fit about changes. How often do you do trach changes, btw?

Perhaps she was mouthing "Mom, you better make this quick". ;)

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh my. That's just awful. :( I'm surprised she doesn't throw a fit about changes. How often do you do trach changes, btw?

Perhaps she was mouthing "Mom, you better make this quick". ;)

LOL I think she was saying see it's new and it went well lol
For years we changed the trach every week,,however I cut it back as she got older and now only do it once every couple of weeks.

alizesmom
04-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Obviously done by an expert with Celia directing. :D Karen