PDA

View Full Version : STREP throat....again!

Anderson'sMom
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
5 weeks ago, Anderson had strep throat...went to see the ENT again once we found out, he said it was time for those things to come out.....that was the 5th time in one year. We set the date to take them out for this Thurday, the 16th......well.......as of this afternoon, she has it AGAIN!!!!!! So, I have to call the ENT and see if we can still operate on Thursday.....I could just cry I am so sick of her getting throat infections! We are hoping since Thrusday would be the last day of the 5 day antibiotic that maybe we won't have to cancel........

Please just pray for us that this all gets done with no major issues! I stress with each surgery she has....just can't deal with any more complications!

SIGH!

kirafaesmom
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Man.....a 6th strep infection? Poor Anderson! Poor MOM! I'm praying that Anderson starts feeling better and can have surgery as scheduled.

lynn
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Hope she can still get surgery done, and get rid of all of the infections!

Anderson'sMom
04-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Just spoke to the ENT and since we have started treatment and the last day of antibiotics will be day of surgery....we are still a go!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!!!!! As long as we have no fever, we are good to roll!!!!

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

kirafaesmom
04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Just spoke to the ENT and since we have started treatment and the last day of antibiotics will be day of surgery....we are still a go!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!!!!! As long as we have no fever, we are good to roll!!!!

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!
What a huge relief! Praying all goes well

Kira
04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm so sorry for all of the strep infections. When Jaci first got her trach, she had infection after infection. With time, it has been much better, so I hope that can be the case for you also. Good luck!

My little figther
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM
What a relief that the surgery if no fever can go. But what a bumper that the strep throat is back - hopefully everything will be oK
Michelle

JWorthington
04-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Hope this is the end of it once and for all!:hug:

Julie x