PDA

View Full Version : We're planning discharge for the 22nd.

Niff
04-10-2009, 09:30 AM
The tentative plan for Mackenzie's discharge is on the 22nd. It's been 7 months in the NICU and I swear, at times, I didn't think we'd ever get her home. Well now I'm panicking trying to make sure we have everything in order!

Any advice on last minute prep?

babybear
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
How exciting! I hope things go smoothly for you. My advice would be to get all the home equipment in place before your dd comes home. That way, you can test it and make sure everything works.

My little figther
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Home sweet home - music to your ears I am sure!!! Just as suggested make sure that the equipment is in place and working. I am sure you will be fine and you will be settling down in your new routine - Best of Luck with everything.
Michelle

Vicki Rocha
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Congrats! So happy for you to finally be going home where you belong:)

suzanne2545
04-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Make a list and check it twice (though I know you've already done this!).

Enjoy it. Even though you can't wait to get her home, it will be bittersweet. You won't believe how some of those nurses and that cafeteria and all those sounds will have become second nature to you!

kirafaesmom
04-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Best advice I can give....BREATHE!

lynn
04-10-2009, 06:41 PM
congrats on plan to get home.

bryantem
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats! I don't think we even got a weeks notice when they sent Addisyn home.
________
Women'S Health Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/women-s-health/)

alizesmom
04-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Wonderful. Get her home and then both of you just sit there and giggle over the fact that there is no one hovering in the background. Karen

Hope
04-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Congratulations!
Hope

JWorthington
04-12-2009, 10:17 AM
How wonderful to be finally getting her home. One other bit of advice I would give is don't have too many visitors at first, take time to be alone with your little one. Like bringing any newborn home, take time to relax and get yourself into a routine - and get some rest! if anyone wants to visit it would be nice if they were able to bring something to help out, like a casserole or do some help with the housework. Good luck:)

kadiera
04-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Yay!

I'd ask the hospital for a checklist - what *exactly* needs to be done and in place for her to come home. We had a heck of a time with "new" requirements popping up on a daily basis the week before we came home.

Also, unless they're making all the follow up appointments for you, ask for the list of required follow-ups in advance so you can make those calls before you get home.:)

KJKK8437
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I'd get the on-call number for the DME handy. We had a small problem with the equipment on the very first night. It was a simple thing, really, and there was no real problem that the RT couldn't talk me through on the phone (nurse screwed the water bottle on but it didn't thread properly), but it took me way too long to find the number.

Congrats.