PDA

View Full Version : Happy Decanniversary!

suzanne2545
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Big day around here. One year ago was Parker's LTP. Since then we've moved as well as gotten used to live without a suction machine. It's been a wild year but the last couple of weeks have taught us that IF "this" is ever over it may well be a long time. Once again, we are greatful for the amazing company we keep on this journey. The support, the laughs, the tears. They've all been part of all of this for everyone in our family!

We will be making cupcakes this afternoon to celebrate!

Niff
04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
:hug: Major congratulations!

babybear
04-10-2009, 11:23 AM
What a wonderful event to celebrate!!!!

Anderson'sMom
04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I never really thought to celebrate the anniversary! I remember the date, but didn't think to really make a to do! Maybe this summer for the next one we will! Might be fun!

(I do not like dates of August 29th and Sept 12th.....that is the date of her lung collapse and Life Flight to hospital, then the date we went in and she got the trache popped in! Two dates I get really icky on!)

Okay, mark the date.....party on July 24th!!!!!! heeheehee!

aydenava
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Big Big day!congratulations!

lynn
04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
CONGRATS !! :thumb:

My little figther
04-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Congratulations!!! Big day indeed!!! Have fun
Michelle

faywrayy
04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
So great to celebrate it!!! I'm planning to as well. I remember these days with Parker, reading the blog and waiting, waiting, waiting. What a happy day!!

suzanne2545
04-10-2009, 01:00 PM
So great to celebrate it!!! I'm planning to as well. I remember these days with Parker, reading the blog and waiting, waiting, waiting. What a happy day!!

You know, Angela,

I don't think I've ever told you this but since we are a year out, I will share. I remember being so overjoyed when Kate went in for an LTP and came out with a straight up decannulation. I showed the video to Ian. He was so sad (not for Kate) but for Parker. "That is they way it should have been." Nothing else in our experience has given him that reaction. I'm not very nice, I have to admit. I told him to get over it. We were over with the surgery and trach free and we have our kid to hug and giggle with. He agreed and got over it immediately.

LKN
04-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Congratulations!! Enjoy the day and the cupcakes! I hope this latest round of "complications" is behind you all very soon.:hug: :)

hcs_mom
04-10-2009, 04:07 PM
CONGRATS PARKER AND FAMILY!

Suzanne, while it may be a long time before some of the other stuff is truly "over", enjoy the moment (I know you do). I always think...are we better off than we were a year ago? 2 years ago? If not, why not? If so, I count my blessings.

I've looked around a little on what you sent me...very interesting...let's chat again.

kirafaesmom
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Whooohooo....Love it...Happy decannulation day to Parker! Thanks for sharing your special day with us,

Ainsley's Mom
04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
:hooray: 1 year trach free! It feels like just yesterday I was in that waiting room with you deflated over our disappointing journey across the country while you were stepping into the next phase of your journey. It may be true that we discovered over this past year that we may never get to the point of feeling safe or that it is over. You've told me a dozen times, anything can happen with any of our kids at any time and there are no guarantees. I don't know if that helps you or not. But I do know we need to remain in the present so we can experience the moments as they happen. That I am learning. You guys have come a long way and THAT is worth celebrating with cupcakes and :cheers:. Enjoy this day! Give Parker a big hug for me!

Isaac'sMomandDad
04-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Parker, congratulations to you!

Suzanne, it's been an honor to share the journey with you.

This year on Isaac's 'decanniversary' my husband will be graduating from his degree program in Machining. So, a double party for us.

Lara

katie'smum
04-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Congratulations!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Love,

Bea xx

Hope
04-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Congratulations!

:cheers: :applause: :hooray:

Hope

Ann
04-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Congrats and cheers! :cheers:

Kira
04-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Congratulations!

TommysDad
04-12-2009, 08:02 AM
:party: Congratulations!!!

Cheers! Have a drink for us!:cheers:

The Boyces

JWorthington
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow, a year! Break out the champagne!
:hug:

KJKK8437
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
What a great day. I came on to this Board shortly after Parker's surgery. while you were still posting from Cincinnatti. One of the first posts I remember reading clearly was your post about cute trach kids you guys visited before you were discharged. We were getting ready for Alex's attempted decann, and you know how that worked out. But, one year later, and we, too, are trach free -- thanks to this Board, including you.

I love the term "decanniversary". What a great invention. It reminds me of the first post you made on one of my threads -- commenting on my term "low cope day." I give you one ... you give me one. We'll be celebrating our first "decanniversary" when the time comes.

T-bone
04-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats to Parker. Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

drct1245
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
A very happy decanniversary!!! It's amazing how quickly time passes, but how quickly you forget about lugging the sux machine. :D

Myself
04-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Happy Decanniversary Parker!!!

Lisa

debvec
04-13-2009, 10:50 AM
wow...it does NOT seem like a year has gone by...congratulations!!!! I have to remember to mark the day Amanda hopefully is officially decannulated so we can celebrate as well. I have enough trouble with birthdays...eat lots of cupcakes and frosting!!!!

haltec
04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Happy Decanniversary! Sienna was in for her capping trial when you were there. She was very smitten by Parker.:)

Celebrate! I know we will in July!

JacobKaden
04-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh, congrats Suzanne & Parker!:D I cannot believe it's been a year already.:eek:

Alethia
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Happy decanniversary! :)

Gretchen(Celia's mom)
04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!