PDA

View Full Version : snoring w/ a cold...

drct1245
04-09-2009, 11:58 PM
So Ayden caught yet another cold - this time from the Nanny. :mad: At the end of his last cold, he started snoring. We were at the Peds office for the 4th round of bacterial conjunctivitis and I mentioned it and she looked up his nose and said that it was rather swollen, so we got some Nasonex. He was back to normal for about a week and then I took him off and now he has a cold again and he is snoring up a storm - poor kid. We use saline, but what else can we do to help him??
thanks for any ideas.

kshell
04-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Our older daughter Faith has some pretty good allergies. We keep her on nasonex in her peak seasons, otherwise it seems like she has one bit cold. We also have been keeping her on her oral allergy meds

Kate
04-10-2009, 07:13 AM
This may sound dumb-but how about those nose things-breathe rights I think they're called? It wont help w/the swelling, but would help with making it a tad bigger? Just trying to think of a non-medication type answer :) Hope he's feeling better soon!!

faywrayy
04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Dawn , Kate snores when she has a cold too. Not always, but it's definitely with being sick. ENT says her tonsils are slightly enlarged, but otherwise she's fine. No clue if she'll grow out of it, or always be a snorer.