PDA

View Full Version : sleep study or NOT

debvec
04-07-2009, 04:44 PM
well, Brian stayed with Amanda last night...not sure how much sleeping went on, although he insists she did some, but what she did do was pull her trach out TWICE!!! She would kind of wake up and feel all the wires and crap and just started pulling away and out popped the trach. The nurse this morning said, well, the good news is she did just fine with it out and we didn't have to rush to put it back in, stayed satting in the upper 90s supposedly, I can only imagine what that is going to look like on the tape, Brian trying to convince Amanda to let him put it back in, her screaming half asleep...NOOOOO!!!! someone will get a laugh I am sure. We head in tomorrow for a scope at 10:30. More to come.

suzanne2545
04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Deb, I am so sorry we were not able to meet you guys. I love your sense of humor through all of this! Good luck with the scope tomorrow.

alizesmom
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Sending lots of luck. Karen

JWorthington
04-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Phew, how exhausting! Good luck with the scope.

Julie x

lynn
04-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Good luck with the scope today- nice to hear she did ok when she pulled her trach out and they didn't have to run to replace it. Hopefully a step in the right direction.

debvec
04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
thanks for the well wishes, we are scheduled for decannulation tomorrow at 9am. yikes!!! scope looked good, dr. cotton is happy...we shall see how it goes tomorrow. Keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.

suzanne2545
04-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh my gosh!!! That is exciting. Let's hope this one sticks!!! We will be thinking of you at 9 a.m. Did Dr. Cotton say what is different this time that makes him more confident?