PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

joanne9
04-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Hello All
My daughter Lauren is home now! just a quick question, when Lauren was in hospital, most of the time she had lots of secretions, since i brought her home yesterday she doesnt seem to have any? we were only given bibs for humidification and nebulizer 4 times a day, is this normal? and does central heating affect secretions? if so any tips?
thankyou in advance
Joanne

bryantem
04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
We had a lot less secretions at home too. She has a mist collar, but we only use it at night. As for central heat, I know electric heat is drier than gas heat.
________
Mary jane (http://maryjanes.info/)

JWorthington
04-07-2009, 12:14 PM
The air is definitely different at home than at the hospital, and that will make a difference to the secretions, as will central heating.as long as she isn't getting too dry and blocking the trachy then there is nothing to worry about. Congratulations on getting home!

Julie x

joanne9
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Thankyou for your replies,
I suppose im still on edge at the moment, and finding it difficult to adjust. Lauren has been in hospital for 4 months and I need to get back into the swing of things, im sure ill do it eventually!
Thanks again
Joanne x

TommysMommy
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
In the hospital, Tommy was on warm mist. It caused him to turn into a fountain with all of the secretions. At home, we used cool mist and his secretions decreased dramatically.