PDA

View Full Version : Almost ALL good news....yipee!

kirafaesmom
04-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I took Kira in today because of what I suspected was granulation tissue, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a trach infection. She's fine and we're just going to watch it (there's a stitch trying to work through). The docs also assured me that her heart rate being in the 50's was fine as long as her blood pressure, perfusion and O2 were ok. I've also been able to transition her from continuous feeds 20 hours a day to continuous at night and yes....BOLUSES during the day! For a month it was "pseudo-boluses" with the pump over an hours time, 3x a day. However, for 3 days now I've been doing an actual gravity feed....oh how nice is that???? She's handling it fine. One less machine to fuss with during the day. Our quest to ditch the warm mist is not working quite so well though. She's handling the nose just fine from a secretion/respiratory standpoint. However, her dysatomonia is NOT liking that. We got home from the docs and she was 94.5 degrees. AND it was in the 70's today. Grrrrrrrrr. I'm afraid I'm going to have to switch from hospital based therapies to home-based. Nuts. I'm thrilled with how well she's doing overall though, and if we are tethered to the darn mist machine, then so be it. She's healthy and that's all I care about.

JWorthington
04-07-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm so relieved Michelle, we like good news:)

Julie

My little figther
04-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Great news I am so happy that she is healthy and you are right that is all that matters. I am glad she takes bolus feeds during the day now too - it is so much easier to deal with especially when you are out and about.

Michelle

alizesmom
04-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Overall sounds like very good news. Equipment can be a pain but it does tend to fade into the background. :hug: Karen

lynn
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Great to hear that she is doing so well.

Kaylie
04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds like some real good news..keep up the good work..

babybear
04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Yay! I'm glad you got *mainly* all good news!