View Full Version : Jacob Update

04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, Jacob tested positive for pseudomonas (sp?), which as we understand is pretty common with the trach. He is doing much better today, no fever. They ended up giving him morphine and baclofen (for his spasticity, which I guess is common with CP). Typically Jacob is not very spastic, so I was a bit concerned with giving him a new med, but they assured us it is just to manage him, while he is so irritable, not necessarily something he will have to take all the time.

Because of his spasticity, they are now contemplating a full neurological work-up to get to the bottom of it.:confused: This was more upsetting than anything because we were told last fall that "it looks like he has CP", but then we were given no referral to a neurologist for further assessment. They believe he has some type of brain injury (due to his developmental delay), but not necessarily CP and he doesn't fit the classic CP symptoms and he has no "obvious" brain injury. It feels like we are travelling in one big circle with this, with no answers!

From an ENT standpoint, he is doing great. He will likely be moved to the regular ward, as soon as a bed becomes free.

Thanks for everyone's prayers!:hug:

04-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Kim-glad they got down to the bottom of the fever. Mitchell gets psudomonus pretty regularly.

Sorry about all the other stuff-but, maybe this is good...maybe you'll get deep down into what is going on. I know it must be tough though as you just got the CP dx and prob. were just getting "comfortable" with it. (if "getting comfortable with it" is possible) There is always something isn't there? Maybe they'll just confirm the CP dx.

Know that we're thinking of you. :hug: :hug: Wish I had some words of encouragement-:hug:

My little figther
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Glad he is doing better. I hope he recover completely very quickly and be on his way home.