PDA

View Full Version : Human Metapneumovirus

hcs_mom
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah...that's the name of this lovely little virus causing us so many issues. Not supposed to be as bad as RSV, but since she had RSV in January, this HMPV is really giving her a run for her money. Apparently, it works much the same as RSV in the lower airways.

As it stands...2L of oxygen continuously, however, this is the first time in DAYS she has been able to hold sats in the upper 90s. Her pulm is OK with this right now, I just need to update if we titrate oxygen. It doesn't sound like he is close to admitting at this point.

Given how bad her chest film looked, her pulm was not at all surprised by how this was hitting. She slept well last night and during her nap today. So at least she finally got some decent rest.

Hope your little ones are staying healthy.
Jen

Tate's Mom
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
We just survived human metapneumovirus, unfortunately it hit immediately after RSV. Good luck!

babyhugger
04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Well crap! Seems like Hannah can't catch a break lately. Spring cannot get here soon enough for you guys.:)

kirafaesmom
04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh boy....that does NOT sound like a "friendly" virus! I'm praying Hannah feels better soon.

JWorthington
04-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Sounds nasty, that's one I hadn't heard of. Glad she is resting better now, hope it's a short lived one.

Julie x

elijah'smom
04-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Hope this virus does not last long and she starts feeling better soon!!!

aydenava
04-07-2009, 04:14 PM
The first time we went to Cincy Ayden got that!!!! we were only sup. to be there 2 weeks & we ended up there for 5 weeks! & it was as bad as when he had RSV I had never seen him so sick,lots of oxygen,coughing & his stomach stopped working as well ,he eventually came around but it was awfull!.Hope she gets better quick,The fact that shes not in the hospital has got to be a good sign.We think Ayden picked it up at the Aquarium,have you been there lately?Poor peanut.......Angie

suzanne2545
04-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Jennie! One more term for your medical dictionary. And ours. Give that girl a hug. I hope this virus peters out soon!

Suzanne

Alethia
04-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Poor wee scone! That sounds horrid (almost like a baddy out of RObocop or something). I hope her immune system kicks its butt well and truly soon. She andyou must be so tired. :hug:

MOMOFFAITH
04-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Prayers that it will be over VERY soon!!! Thinking of you guys and praying for extra rest your way! Talk to you soon Carol!! lol

My little figther
04-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Bacterias and viruses why do they exist really!!!! just to make our lives miserable.... I hope your little one will gets over it very soon.

Michelle

hcs_mom
04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
We are still using oxygen 24/7, but down to a little over a 1LPM. She was up to 2 LPM on Monday and into Tuesday. Very, very stressful...

She is acting so much better though, playing, eating better, breathing easier. She still sounds pretty junky, but with nebs q3H (of one sort or another), extra vest txs, I'm hoping to kick the O2 during the day by the end of the weekend. Surprisingly, she has left the cannula alone this time.

I would not wish this on my worst enemy (well....just kidding).

Jen