PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, positive vibes and everything else needed

My little figther
04-06-2009, 08:17 AM
How do I start?

Cedric is not doing well at all. Friday afternoon he was transferred in an emergency to the PICU of children hopsital in DC. He was lethargic and seizing very badly.
The seizure are more or less under control but now he is all swollen and he has a purple rash. His body does not seem to absorb any fluids - he blood pressure is dropping. It is obvious he has an infection but the docs don't seem to figure out where. He has antibotics but it remains the same no improvements, they conducted spinal tabs, ct scan, blood work, EEG'S etc....

I am going crazy completely out of my mind and fighting to keep it together. There is like a very heavy silence between my daughter and I. I know she is struggling as well to keep it together and we don't want to mention the unthinkable but we know Cedric condition is very serious, but we don't say the words afraid of starting to cry uncontrollably, which I do in the bathroom but not in front of her or when I am with Cedric because I know we would loose it entirely.

I am hoping for a miracle here. He is struggling so much and I am mad because I can't do anything to help him. I am exhausted but hyper at the same time with all the caffeine I drank

Michelle

TommysMommy
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm so sorry! I'm praying the doctors can find out what is wrong.

Kate
04-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will continue to pray for you guys and the doctors trying to figure out what is going on. :hug: :hug:

Kaylie
04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh Michele,
I was just ;logging on to write to you to see how cedric had been doing and i saw this. My heart breaks for you all. I cant believe what is going on. Does Cedric have a pic line or anything like that iv?(is it possible that the infection is coming from those sources) anything that can cause the infection itself.Its happened to Kaylie before. .I pray that they can find the source of the infection and treat asap. We never stop thinking of you all. Please call if you need to talk..

TommysDad
04-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I too had been waiting to hear how Cedric's weekend was, and the first thing I said as I read your post was, "Oh no:( " I pray that the doctors can find out what the infection is and what is causing it so they can treat it rapidly and get it under control!!! My heart goes out to you and your family. Please let them know we are praying for them, too!

:pray: :pray: :pray: Maggie

babybear
04-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts for Cedric. :hug:

sarah78
04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Sending lots of prayers and positive vibes your way. I hope the docs find out what is wrong soon so that they can begin treatment accordingly. Stay strong :hug:

hannahysabelle
04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Dearest Cedric,

I have faith that God is working His healing miracle on you right now! So be not afraid and trust His loving heart.

We are praying and rooting for you and your family always.

Get well real soon! =)

Your prayer warriors here in the Philippines,
Baby Hannah Ysabelle, Joan, and Carlo

alizesmom
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh Michelle, I am sorry that things are so bad and know what you mean about the heavy silence. I don't even know what to say except I continue to say prayers for Cedric and all of you. :hug: Karen

Vicki Rocha
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
So sorry to hear this news, we are praying for Cedric..hang in there:hug:

katie'smum
04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Will keep you all and especially Cedric in our prayers. Really hope the doctors know what is going on soon and things start to improve very soon.

Take care,

Bea xx

madelyn and rynns mom
04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Hugs and prayers!!!!!

Love Kris:hug:

Caty
04-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh Michelle, I hope the little guy is doing better since your post. You are an amazing, strong person and your daughter is so lucky to have you at her side. Hang in there today. A billion hugs!

JWorthington
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh Michelle, I am so sorry, poor Cedric, and your family have been having the most awful ride. Hope the docs can find out what is causing this. Sending up lots of prayers from this side of the pond.:hug:

Julie

Melisande
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm sending prayers for Cedric and family!:hug: :hug:

haltec
04-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Prayers and hugs for Cedric and all of you!

Ainsley's Mom
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
:pray: :hug:

kshell
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Sending prayers and hugs your way.

lynn
04-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Sending many prayers and hugs your way.

Alethia
04-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Michelle, my heart bleeds for you babes. This sounds awful and scary. I can see why you're frightened about the worst that could happen. I hope that all those fears are unfounded and that the docs find the infection and can treat it. Whatever happens, you have your daughter and she has you. It would be OK to cry in front of each other, but I can understand why you're keeping your grief out of the situation at the moment. Once a mother, always a mother, hey? Sending your wee man lots of positive vibes, and you and your daughter lots of :hug: :hug:

scm
04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Michelle,

I'm sorry to hear Cedric is so sick. I hope the doctors are able to find some answers.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

JacobKaden
04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
So sorry to hear this Michelle. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.:hug: Give Cedric a kiss and hug from us.:hug:

Kaylie
04-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Michele,
sending hope and prayers your way. Kaylie has recently learned how to pray and every night she sends special prayers for all the kids on the board, but tonight there will be a very special prayer for Cedric, in hopes that they have found the source of the infection and have started treatment to get rid of it. we love you all and have been thinking of you guys all day...

My little figther
04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Michele,
sending hope and prayers your way. Kaylie has recently learned how to pray and every night she sends special prayers for all the kids on the board, but tonight there will be a very special prayer for Cedric, in hopes that they have found the source of the infection and have started treatment to get rid of it. we love you all and have been thinking of you guys all day...

Oh that is so sweet. Kaylie you are the best (Let her know I said that) big kisses and hugs and with a special prayer coming from you Kaylie I know Cedric is in good hands.

Michelle

faywrayy
04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Sending good vibes for Cedric and all of you. :hug:

Hope
04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Cedric - such a fighter! Saying a prayer now and will continue to pray for the best outcome.

:hug: :hug:
Hope

Alex's mom
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
:hug:

debvec
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Michelle,

I am praying for Cedric, your daughter and of course you. I pray they figure out what is going on get him heading in the right direction. Hugs to you all.

suzanne2545
04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Michelle,

I hope things are on the upswing for Cedric. Please don't forget that your daughter does need you now too. I can only imagine what it must be like for both of you to try to stay strong for the other one but you both need a soft place to lay your head and cry. It is ok to be her mother and tend to her needs too. Maybe she wants to not talk about things but maybe wants or needs to talk.

Suzanne