PDA

View Full Version : Peptam Jr.

kshell
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
How many of you have used or are using this for your little ones. Natalie just got switched to this last week. We started earlier this week. She is tolerating it is some ways. She has had very minimal spit ups and way less air in her belly. BUT she has had diarrhea (I'm talking water borderline water loss) the past few days. The only hope is that she also just stopped amoxil for a sinus/tonsil infection from last week. I am hoping it is just from the abt but wanted to know if any of you kids had trouble with peptamen jr.

Thanks,
Karen

WeAdoptKids
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Do you mean. Peptamin Jr? If so, Joseph is on it. It is a predigested formula. IN his case, he does not break down proteins so that is why he is on it. When he first started it, he did have watery stools. Even now the odor is rather bad, but his stools are normal unless he is sick or on antibiotics. I am sure things will settle down. Good luck,
Roberta

ericnrosesmom
04-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Eric has been on it for quite awhile now. Usually tolerates it fine. Sometimes he throws up if he coughs too hard but I don't think it's because of the formula.

Anderson'sMom
04-05-2009, 04:49 AM
My daughter is on it and tolerates it really well. The switch may just be irritating and may take time to settle.

Good luck with it and just watch....go with you mommy instinct if the poopies get too bad. The dr may want to try something else?!?!?

cariaad
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Allison was on it for several years. She had soft unformed stools, but not watery. Deb

twintotwin
04-05-2009, 12:11 PM
My boys have been on it since they were 2...absolutely no problems. The diarrhea is probably from the abx. Hang in there.

Big Al
04-05-2009, 03:09 PM
had a client on this had the same issue. Had to ad benefiber helped but stools were still loose to liquid all the time. He went on the regular peptoman and has gotten better.