PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Continuing to Do Well

JacobKaden
04-03-2009, 11:46 AM
They are "slowly" waking Jacob up from his drug induced sleep. Yesterday was heartbreaking because as soon as he heard our voices, big alligator tears came down his face.:cry: I made it worse because I automatically slipped into Mommy mode saying, "Ah, don't cry baby" and of course, he started bawling. It's a "catch-22" right now because we want him to know we are there and he's not alone, but we end up agitating him more because he gets so upset.

This morning he is off the vent, his 02 has been decreased and he's starting bolus feeds. If OT gives the okay, they will let him start feeding orally again. He is still in PCCU, but may be switched to the ward because "he's one of our most stable patients right now". DH and I are more comfortable with him in PCCU, at least until he is a bit more back to himself. But, he is very stable and doing well, thank God.

Thanks again everyone for your love, prayers and support. It means so much to us!:grouphug:

My little figther
04-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Way to go Jacob!!! Keep getting better so you can go back home.
Michelle

Ainsley's Mom
04-03-2009, 12:43 PM
It must be so hard. I'm so glad he's doing so well though. :hooray:

Kaylie
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
We know how hard this must be for everyone, but are so very thankful that he is doing so well, after all that he has gone thru, what a strong strong boy you have there.... please take care

debvec
04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I am so glad to hear he is still doing well. Hugs to all!

Hope
04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
So hard to see them go through so much. So glad to hear he's so stable, though!
Hope

JWorthington
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well:hug:

Julie x

lynn
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Great news that he is doing so well.

faywrayy
04-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Kim, I'm glad to hear he's doing so well. Poor guy!