PDA

View Full Version : swamp cooler

nad_d
04-03-2009, 02:45 AM
The summer is coming and i willing to buy good swamp cooler. our summer is very hot :indifferent: and air conditionning is big problem of humidity.
here we have 1 model of KENSTAR indian product - very noizy.
i want good electric device with timer and remote control
i google and find this NewAir AF-340 Swamp Cooler
http://www.air-n-water.com/product/AF-340.html

i would like to know yours opinion.

i dont know how will i buy cause i never put my credit number in abroad internet shop. but i will ask.

suzanne2545
04-03-2009, 06:11 AM
I think it looks like a good option to try. I think its portability will be beneficial. And if it really does some air cleaning it is all the better for a trach. I hope you don't have any trouble ordering it and having it delivered.

babyhugger
04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
We have a similar model in our church nursery. It works pretty well for cooling 1 room. I'm thinking of ordering one for my photography studio. I hope it works out well for you.

Ainsley's Mom
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I hope that works for you. I'd never heard of one of these and may have to look into it for this summer. Thanks.

WeAdoptKids
04-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Sorry if this is really an off topic post.

Susan, my guess is it will never work for you. They work best in areas with little to no humidity. What they do is put moisture into the air to cool it. Here in Northern Nevada they are wonderful and are really a huge savings on the electric bill. BUT, on days that we have rain...little, few and far between, we just shut them off and hope for a cool breeze.

Now, as for other questions. The biggest problem to these is if you have hard water. The pads will clog up with the hard water deposits and you have to keep on replacing them. This is not an issue unless you have to order a bunch of them. There are things you can add to the water, but we have not found those to be really effective.

We have had a portable one several times and they really do only hlep cool one room. The do not roll as easy as it first appears if you have them full of water.

Hope this helps some,
Roberta

nad_d
04-04-2009, 03:42 AM
Thanks.

I notice few problems
1. they don't shipping abroad - i write to the company, maybe they can send me.
2. the voltage 120V and here 220V, but i think this electrition can fix.
3. this machine is very heavy, so it can cost a lot to ship it.

hope i will find another solution for the HOT summer

Ainsley's Mom
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Sorry if this is really an off topic post.

Susan, my guess is it will never work for you. They work best in areas with little to no humidity. What they do is put moisture into the air to cool it. Here in Northern Nevada they are wonderful and are really a huge savings on the electric bill. BUT, on days that we have rain...little, few and far between, we just shut them off and hope for a cool breeze.

Now, as for other questions. The biggest problem to these is if you have hard water. The pads will clog up with the hard water deposits and you have to keep on replacing them. This is not an issue unless you have to order a bunch of them. There are things you can add to the water, but we have not found those to be really effective.

We have had a portable one several times and they really do only hlep cool one room. The do not roll as easy as it first appears if you have them full of water.

Hope this helps some,
Roberta

Perhaps that's why I've never heard of them. Our climate is notoriously rainy. However during the warmest months of summer it's unlikely to rain, or if it was rainy you likely wouldn't need it. But since we aren't considered a "dry" area, would it make the air too humid or just not work?

WeAdoptKids
04-05-2009, 12:07 AM
But since we aren't considered a "dry" area, would it make the air too humid or just not work?

Susan, They only work in dry areas. The idea behind them is to put moisture into the air and then the fan cools the air. They work as in "water cooled".

Here is how they are hooked up...for the most part :o) you hook them up to a water line. The water fills up and wets some pads. A fan is blowing and the outside air is sucked into it all and the blown into your home. They come in all shape and sizes...roof tops, window units and then roll around ones for the home or water. They have huge ones for garage or shop areas.

The do not work at all if there is much humidity.

Roberta

nad_d
04-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Since our summer is very hot, i open the air condition so the humidity drop down immidiatly. i found if i open the swamp cooler it can keep the level of humidity in the room together with air condition.