PDA

View Full Version : My trach buddies are awesome!

JacobKaden
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I cannot thank everyone enough for your love, prayers and support! What would we do without the internet?!:eek: I feel as if I "know" all of you.:grouphug:

Jacob continues to do well, still sedated. We will find out after rounds what the plan is for today.

DH and I went to our first family gathering in 3 years yesterday for my Mom's 65th birthday! It was wonderful to see everyone. Our next step is to take Jacob with us - you could say we have been a tad overprotective of our boy, but hey, at least he is still here with us and we have greatly minimized his hospitalizations by staying isolated. We are looking forward to "rejoining" the world and coming off house arrest.:hooray:

My little figther
04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank you I feel the same way!!! We are always there to support each other, cry, vent and Yes laugh too.

I am so glad Jacob is doing great.

Michelle

mylesmom
04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Congrats again and enjoy this success!

KJKK8437
04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I couldn't agree more, Kim. About everything -- the board, feeling like you know people you've never met ... the house arrest .... All of it.

Well said, and well done. I'm so glad things are moving in a positive direction for you. :hug:

alizesmom
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM
:hug: Karen

suzanne2545
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh, Kim. I'm so glad you got to your mom's party and that things look good for Jacob!!! He'll be partying with the family in no time and some of them will be sad at what they've missed over the past couple of years!

Kiyomirn
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Great news!! Glad to hear Jacob is doing well!!
Renee

Hope
04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
So wonderful -
Hope

Kate
04-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Kim I'm so glad things are going so well for you! I know that you have been through a lot with Jacob-you are getting well deserved good news. I'm so glad that things went well and that he is on his way to recovery. Hugs to you and your family:hug: :hug:

JWorthington
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Glad he is doing so well Kim and so glad you got to attend a family party. Hope your little guy is able to join you for the next one!

Julie

Kaylie
04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
we all feel the same, i feel closer to some people here than some of my own family, here everyone understands, sometimes it seems so hard to help the family understand, especially when they live in another state and only here things by the phone.
i can say we honestly love you guys, you have always been there for us, and we will always be here for you all.... keep sending us that good news . way to go Jacob !!!!!!!!!!!

twintotwin
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Ah, house arrest, it certainly feels like that at times.

Enjoy your new freedom! xo

drct1245
04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh Kim,
You almost make made me cry!!! So wonderful to hear he continues to do well... I hope he stays on that path!! :hug: